Can you change PCM & ABS VIN without changing software on the module?

fishpick

Established Member
I successfully completed the gauge swap in my 2012 and LOVE it - for anyone considering it - TOTALLY worth it - you look at the gauge every time you are in the car! 2013 GT500 LCD Gauge Cluster Install into a 2011 GT500 With Track Apps and LC

Anyhow I have a question as a result of the project as I prep for my Whipple install later this month.
To get all the good data on the bus for the Track Apps and the digital gauges in the 2013 cluster to work correctly I had to flash my PCM and my ABS module using a 2014 Base Vert VIN. You have to use the same VIN on the PCM and the ABS module or the ABS freaks out and blinks idiot lights and tells you Advanced Trac is messed up. So - the process worked - 2014 software with the 2014 VIN's installed on both modules, no lights, all is great.

But as I prepare to get my tune for the super charger - I need to give a VIN and strategy... the VIN is that of the 2014... which is "not my car but sorta my car" - which then gets me thinking about inspection time and emissions when they plug into the ODB2 port...

QUESTION - is there a way to change the VIN ONLY on the PCM and ABS modules back to my original car - and NOT have that result in change of the software versions or as-built data on those modules? Anyone know if this can be done - and if so - HOW do you do that in IDS?

Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread