Can you install a watts link with Air ride?

willpower

Established Member
Hiya,

Has anyone installed an air ride kit and a watts? I'm thinking about the Fays2 (or similar) + Digital Air Ride.

I'm afraid of:

1. any interferences
2. when the air ride settles the brackets of the linkage will hit the floor
3. will be putting excess pressure on the differential when the air ride is at rest

Thanks

86Fbody

Established Member
There is a guy on TMS that has an air ride and a Whiteline watts link, I am trying to find his post or at least name.

mackdog2008

Established Member
I have a whiteline watts link on my air lift and there is only one problem I had.

Click the link for a picture.

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/whiteline-mustang-watts-link.jpg

That top left blot on will hit the EVAP tube that goes over the axle even tho whiteline has you move it its not enough for when you lower the car all the way down.

You will need to put the car on jack stands on the axle have someone slowly lower it and see where to move it to so it will not get crushed.

I cant say for the fays2.

Last edited:

willpower

Established Member
I have a whiteline watts link on my air lift and there is only one problem I had.

Click the link for a picture.

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/whiteline-mustang-watts-link.jpg

That top left blot on will hit the EVAP tube that goes over the axle even tho whiteline has you move it its not enough for when you lower the car all the way down.

You will need to put the car on jack stands on the axle have someone slowly lower it and see where to move it to so it will not get crushed.

I cant say for the fays2.

Thanks for the info, I may just go with air ride only to prevent any problems from occurring, sorry for the late reply.

Mr.Solis

Established Member
Thanks for the info, I may just go with air ride only to prevent any problems from occurring, sorry for the late reply.

I have both with no issues.

As long as you are aware that there may be clearance issue and are able to move and adjust things accordingly, you will be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread