Can you polish aluminized exhaust?

707RIDAH

Established Member
I was thinking about getting the catback tailpipes polished on my 04 Cobra but I have spintech (aluminized ) exhaust instead of stainless steel. I was wondering if it can still be polished? If anyone has done it or could post pics of how it might look I would appreciate it. Thanks!

wilderyzed

Established Member
It will polish but it doesn't come out like a mirror like you probably want. It looks more dull almost like a jet-hot coating or something. I did it to my flowmaster c/b which is aluminized and it looks alot nicer but not a mirror finish. Maybe I didn't polish it enough hopefully someone else will chime in. BTW how do you like the spintechs I put them on my car and love them

707RIDAH

Established Member
It will polish but it doesn't come out like a mirror like you probably want. It looks more dull almost like a jet-hot coating or something. I did it to my flowmaster c/b which is aluminized and it looks alot nicer but not a mirror finish. Maybe I didn't polish it enough hopefully someone else will chime in. BTW how do you like the spintechs I put them on my car and love them

I liked them alot when I first got them. I had catted exhaust and it sounded good. Since then I took thje cats off. At first I thought it was to loud and raspy but it ha grown on me. Everyone else that heres it likes it though lol!

Users who are viewing this thread