Canadian Fellas come in!

Dismember

2003 black Terminator
Established Member
Hey canadian brother i have a question for you. I tried to order a set of Nitto 555 r in 315-35-17 from discounttiredirect(already order them twice without a problem) but now DTD say they cant ship Nitto anymore in Canada:shrug: .

SO the QUESTION, where you guys order your Nitto lately? is there a good canadian site or another U.S. site that ship easily to us in canada with a good price???

Tx for your help.

Ben

wudy

Established Member
I also was having a hard time finding anyone who would sell Nitto tires. I got luckey and found someone selling 10.5 crome cobras with Mickey Thompsons on them. After a summer with the stickey mickeys, I will never buy Nitto again. Nittos are good, but Mickey ts are awesome and easier to find. Just my $02.

Last edited:

Dismember

2003 black Terminator
Established Member
Tx for the links guys, Damn our canadian sites arent in the ballgame pricewise:((

If anyone have some other suggestion go for it.

Dismember

2003 black Terminator
Established Member
I also was having a hard time finding anyone who would sell Nitto tires. I got luckey and found someone selling 10.5 crome cobras with Mickey Thompsons on them. After a summer with the stickey mickeys, I will never buy Nitto again. Nittos are good, but Mickey ts are awesome and easier to find. Just my $02.

Mmm interesting, are they lasting about the same as the 555 r?

wudy

Established Member
Mmm interesting, are they lasting about the same as the 555 r?

I'd say no, they do not last as long as Nittos. But they sure do hook. I only put about 2000kms a summer on my car. So I know I will get at least 5-7 summers out of them before I need to buy some more.

Sweet '96 Cobra

Beat 'em with a stick!
Established Member
Nittos are a decent well rounded tire (Pardon the Pun..lol) But before buying them you should make sure you know exactly what you expect from them. No DR is acceptable to drive in the rain so dont buy a DR for daily driving duties, if you ever drive in the rain..Trust me on this one!

Canuck03SVT

Established Member
If you are only going to use the drag radials at the track, highly recommended, go with Mickey Thompson ET street radials. They hook a lot better than nitto's. If you can't find them online just go to your local ford dealer.

Fat-cat

Established Member
Nittos are a decent well rounded tire (Pardon the Pun..lol) But before buying them you should make sure you know exactly what you expect from them. No DR is acceptable to drive in the rain so dont buy a DR for daily driving duties, if you ever drive in the rain..Trust me on this one!

not true! i have and i know 5-6 other mustangs on Dr's nitto / Mt' that run in the rain. I drove at 110 km in a huge down pour with no issues and the car didnt feel unsafe once as long as you drive like a normal person its not bad at all.. just can jump on the throttle. Americans seem to have real problems with Drs and Rain however most of them didnt grow up driving all seasons in our arctic conditions playing Drift champion on the way to school and work everyday. Any DR is fine in the rain of you dont drive like a jackass.

Also i vote M/Ts they hook better and last pretty well.. the nitto is a good tire for a pullied cobra not so good for a whipple on sprat setup though :)

Dismember

2003 black Terminator
Established Member
Ok guys tx for all the inputs... I know the Nitto in the rain they are mounted on my car since the last 2 summers, they re not bad if drove carefully.

03 svt Cobra i will pm you to see what youre offer is, and i may check an eye on the MT , but not sure of them in the rain. Nitto are good for me , so i may try to continue with them.
Im just a typical pullied cobra after all. lol
Tx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread