"Canned Tune"

Banned
What's this term in reference to? If you have a SCT XCAL2, is this considered a canned tune? Sounds generic to me. I don't want some lousy tune.

Thanks

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
canned tune reffers to the programming developed by the manufacturer of the tuning device. Its just a generic program that can be used in any Lightning.

They are pretty safe these days and make good pwr, but a dyno "custom tune" is always better.

TallOkie

Guess Im a Vette guy now
Established Member
Keith, you want to order your SCT from a tuner/slash vendor who can give you somewhat custom mail order tunes

bmfgsxr

Established Member
lfp is a pretty good source from what i hear.. that is who i will be going with in the next month or two.

2003fordsvt

Established Member
LFP???????? GOOD TUNES????????Thats halarious.My truck is running like shit for months and Andre still can't figure it out.

Snakestress

Drag Queen
Established Member
i got my tune for my xcal fr LFP and havent had a problem with it once. :shrug:

And i was thinking canned is more in reference to the pred tunes which are somewhat generic. Correct me if im wrong. since the sct comes with 0 tunes, you still get a somewhat custom tune based on the mod info you give em. DUnno exactly if that is better than the normal canned pred tunes which is just a +pulley option from what ive seen

TallOkie

Guess Im a Vette guy now
Established Member
Snakestress said:
i got my tune for my xcal fr LFP and havent had a problem with it once. :shrug:

And i was thinking canned is more in reference to the pred tunes which are somewhat generic. Correct me if im wrong. since the sct comes with 0 tunes, you still get a somewhat custom tune based on the mod info you give em. DUnno exactly if that is better than the normal canned pred tunes which is just a +pulley option from what ive seen

I currently have LFP tunes and they are decent, but I have spent the last two months trying to get their tuner to call me back with no sucess, which is one of the reasons I am switching to Amazon. Just a heads up of my experience, not ragging on LFP.

Users who are viewing this thread