cannot press clutch?

whitetrash1

Established Member
just installed a new clutch and cannot press the pedel now. very hard. also cannot manually engage the fork from under the car. centerforce dual friction setup. stock flywheel.

any ideas?

wjurls

More money than brains
Established Member
What do you mean by "cannot manually engage fork"? Sounds like something is binding up on you.

FuzzyDiceRule

Established Member
well, generally, you cant really "force" the fork by yourself, tried on my car (has a softer clutch than terminators) and i cant do it, so not being able to engage it by hand under the car doesnt really tell us anything...

by "you cant depress the pedal" do you mean its extremely stiff, or you PHYSICALLY cannot depress the clutch?

SVTDom

cheetah on cocaine
Established Member
the clutch may not be in alignment. Did you use an alignment tool? Something isnt lining up correctly, pul the trans down and start over lol.

JBN

Le Chupacobra
Established Member
the clutch may not be in alignment. Did you use an alignment tool? Something isnt lining up correctly, pul the trans down and start over lol.

His transmission would not have bolted up to the engine if it wasnt aligned properly.

OP did you happen to change cables? I have purchased a autozone clutch cable before that actually was in a bind inside the sheath. If not, it sounds like something fork/bearing retainer related. Did you possibly not install the throwout bearing correctly? It is possible if it wasnt installed correct for it to catch on the retainer sleeve.

Users who are viewing this thread