Can't get Insurance for 93 Cobra

Wayne93Cobra

Established Member
I've been trying to find cheaper insurance for the Cobra and every company I've tried says they won't insure 1993 Cobras. What's up?

What insurance company do you all use? I use American Family in Indiana.

Wayne

Jason

That sucks...

I have Progressive Ins. 54 bucks a month...on my Cobra, with about 5 speeding tickets. I don't know why they wouldn't insure you.(on a side note) How is the Procharger, which one is it, D-1 or P1-SC ,2 or 3 core and how much boost are you running. Just curious because I am getting one within the week just have to make up my mind. Did you beef up the motor w/ girdle and all that jazz, I was just going go with the 347 street fighter kit and do heads and cam. Any advise would be appreciated.Try Progressive.:thumbsup:
Thanks

Wayne93Cobra

Established Member
Insurance update

I found a broker that found a company that will insure the Cobra at $600 for 6mos. I'm currently paying $900 for 6mos. Another beater car is included in this quote.

Most companies won't even touch the car. Period.

I'm 54 yrs old and last had a speeding ticket 2 1/2 yrs ago. In 6 mos I'll get another discount.

About the Cobra: (the insurance company doesn't know)

It has a P600B w/3 core intercooler and 17lb pulley
Ford Performance solutions engine built for boost. It has everything.
Big fuel system w/big lines, Aeromotive pump, 42lb injectors, etc. the stock system is TOTALLY inadequate. Do not try to use any of the stock fuel system with a Procharger. Been there, done that.
Granatelli blow through MAF sensor w/A9L computer, Ford Extender, Crane digital ignition.
Stock heads and intake ported to the max.
Lunati custom cam.
Nitto Drag Radials that don't hook up until 4th gear.

Exterior and interior looks totally stock for the sleeper look.

The Procharger is awesome. Makes twice the power of my old Paxton. I've never had a street race that was even close. You can't even tell if they are racing you. Hahahaha Poor fools.

Wayne

Jason

That is what I am talking about, they never knew what hit them...I am 25, I own a 01 Nissan Frontier and the Cobra come out to 234 a month with like 5 speeding tickets. But I just added the Cobra a yr ago and the truck used to be 175 a month. So the cobra comes out to about 60 extra. It has something to do with the area you live in too, I don't know how much it would effect it but they say it does. I used to pay 300 a month on a 96 cobra, so anything less than that I am happy with:lol: Did you dyno yours yet, what can I expect?
Jason

Cobra228

Random SVT Poster
Established Member
insurance

I am with State Farm Insurance. Im in NC so i dont know if its even in your area. I pay about $350 every six months with no points and im 25. I also get a two car discount for my beater. I used to own an LX and the insurance was only about 30 bucks less every six months. I think the coverage is basically for a GT seeing as how thats the way the car VIN's out. Now if i wreck it im screwed unless i get a professional appraisal, then i can up my coverage. I had a friend with a S351 who wrecked it. Those cars vin as a V6 because thats how they start their lives, needless to say he payed a lot out of his pocket to fix his.

svt2205

Established Member
If you drive limited miles and park the car in a locked garage, you can get full coverage from Parish-Heacock Insurance for about 300 per year. But this is with 3K miles per year. They will also cover the car at a reasonable value. Current CPI value is somewhere in the 13K range. You will loose BIG TIME if you rely on regular insurance. They will pay you what the NADA blue book lists, which is some thing like 7K.

My 2 cents

Wayne93Cobra

Established Member
I found insurance

Alstate flat turned down the car, no matter who the driver. I asked my agent why he insured me 5 years age. H said if you have insurance already with Alstate, they wilol insure, but not on new policies.

I did find another that will insure (forget the name) But I went back to American Family.

Both companies would only insure if not daily driven or parked on the street.

It sounds like if you put a lot of miles or park on the street, you will have a tough time getting insurance, especially preferred insurance. You might get it if it is high risk.

I will check about NADA vs CPI replacement coverage if the car is stolen or totalled.

No way can the car be replaced for 7k. They ain't for sale that cheap.

I was really surprised that most companies won't touch a 1993 Cobra.

Wayne

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by QuickStangs
I am with Allstate paying $135.00 a month on four cars two with full coverage.
All State is great, I have 3 cars insured right now, 2 accidents and 7 tickets this year and only pay $134 a month.

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
I use American National. They charge quite a bit for my car. $350 every six months for liability (gotta love it when they are paid off)

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Zeek... BITE ME!

I get raped on a supposid clean record to the tune of a grand for 6 months on the Cobra!! That's garaged, pleasure vehicle 5k miles or less a year I think it was... I never bothered lokking into anything else cuz I got like 5 tickets on the record yet.

Chris_96cobra

Established Member
OK, check this out, the lowest bodly injury coverage I can have, a 1000 deductable, lost count of tickets, 2 accidents, one totaled, and I pay to the tune of 4,422.50 every six months:cuss: and I am 18:shrug: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:Thank god they do not know about the mods, that would proably cost me anouthe grand a year:gt:

Performer5Oh

Established Member
Re: Insurance update

Originally posted by Wayne93Cobra
I found a broker that found a company that will insure the Cobra at $600 for 6mos. I'm currently paying $900 for 6mos. Another beater car is included in this quote.

Most companies won't even touch the car. Period.

I'm 54 yrs old and last had a speeding ticket 2 1/2 yrs ago. In 6 mos I'll get another discount.

About the Cobra: (the insurance company doesn't know)

It has a P600B w/3 core intercooler and 17lb pulley
Ford Performance solutions engine built for boost. It has everything.
Big fuel system w/big lines, Aeromotive pump, 42lb injectors, etc. the stock system is TOTALLY inadequate. Do not try to use any of the stock fuel system with a Procharger. Been there, done that.
Granatelli blow through MAF sensor w/A9L computer, Ford Extender, Crane digital ignition.
Stock heads and intake ported to the max.
Lunati custom cam.
Nitto Drag Radials that don't hook up until 4th gear.

Exterior and interior looks totally stock for the sleeper look.

The Procharger is awesome. Makes twice the power of my old Paxton. I've never had a street race that was even close. You can't even tell if they are racing you. Hahahaha Poor fools.

Wayne

wooh, badass Snake man!

on the other hand, yes insurance is a bitch! I'm 16 and pay outta the ass too! No tickets ---- yet, and don't plan on getting any :D

Users who are viewing this thread