can't get pulley off

hsssss03

Established Member
i borrowed the motoblue puller from a friend and i can't get the god damn thing off anybody done this before feel free to chime in...
of course i am talking about my upper pulley...

BLOWN4.6

Established Member
same thing happened to me.i have a billit flow supercharger pulley and i couldnt take it off when i finally did the pulley was all bent..

Big D's 03

Established Member
i have the motoblue puller and the two side screws have to be threaded the exact same it seems like down to the same thread or you start pulling on it crooked and you'll be lucky to get it off bent if its too crooked.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
BLOWN4.6 said:
same thing happened to me.i have a billit flow supercharger pulley and i couldnt take it off when i finally did the pulley was all bent..

you're not supposed to leave the aluminum pulley ring on...

the steel hub is pressed onto the blower shaft and that's what gets pulled off with the tool (after unbolting & removing the ring)

Last edited:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
hsssss03 said:
i borrowed the motoblue puller from a friend and i can't get the god damn thing off anybody done this before feel free to chime in...
of course i am talking about my upper pulley...

BILLETFLOW puller/installer is the right tool for the job

they offer a rental program for $50....details are on website

:read: http://www.billetflow.com/supercharger_pulleys.htm

Last edited:

dougwg

Established Member
BLOWN4.6 said:

So I guess you missed the part on my website that says:

"BTW: Never try to use the pulley puller to remove an interchangeable aluminum pulley ring. Always remove the ring first, then remove the steel hub with the pulley puller with the hub removal plated in place."

oh... it states this on the instructions for the pulley puller too.

P.S. Motoblue = crap

Users who are viewing this thread