Cant Get The Rotor off :(

CJK440

Established Member
Smear a little Antiseize on the mating surfaces on re-install to save time for whoever does it next.

SVTCobra306

Established Member
Lucky me mine are stuck on too.. I have one new hub here and when I go to do my next brake job it's just getting new hubs as well. I gotta replace the rotors, I'm going to Carbotech XP8's which need to be bedded :). I'll save myself the hassle and pull everything to go into the scrap metal bin LOL.

FWIW I beat mine hard enough the wheel bearing squeaks now, and it laughed at me.

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
use pb blaster and a BFH, then more pb blaster and more hits from a BFH, end with swear words

This always works for me. Spray behind the rotor with penetrating oil, then tap it with a rubber mallet. Then spray it again, and tap it again. Repeat as necessary, and you won't hurt your rotor. Then just use brake cleaner to get all the oil off. Surprised nobody mentioned that earlier :shrug:

BTW OP is your rotor still useable, or are you replacing it?

BlownShift

Rex Kramer -Danger Seeker
Established Member
if you're not going to reuse rotors, a deadblow can take you all day.. 3+ lb sledge hammer... babe ruth it and it'll be off in a min

Users who are viewing this thread