Can't give my L away

FordForSale1

King of all things FORD
Established Member
I have owned many vehicles in my day, everyone of them moded, mostly all big lifted 4x4 fords. But a year and a half ago I sold my 01 Superduty for an 02 Lightning. Ever since I first saw the 99 lightning I dreamed of the day when I owned one, than tha day came. :pepper: .

Now flash to the present, I have an 02 lightning that used to book used at $27,000 now bairly books for more than $20,000.

I have owned and sold, to date, more vehicles than anyone that I know and I can't give this truck away. I will never own another L for this reason and maybe, I won't buy a Cobra now, because I planned on buying one.

Does anyone else feel the same fustration that I am feeling now? :bash:

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Carmakers can't give new cars & trucks away. 72 month loan periods, 0% finnancing, huge rebates. Its a crappy market right now.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I think its due to gas prices.

Did you buy your truck new?
-I don't think I will ever buy a brand new vehicle unless I know I'm going to keep it for 5+ years....

I've considered selling my truck...and when/if that happens hopefully it won't turn into that big of a headache.

LocoGT

Banned
monkeyspunk79 said:
Carmakers can't give new cars & trucks away. 72 month loan periods, 0% finnancing, huge rebates. Its a crappy market right now.
I'd buy a new car w/all those incentives. Oh wait, I can't afford a new car even with them :kaboom:

inteller

Established Member
yeah, 20k for a used L is about right. It only gets worse from here as people unload them in anticipation for the Gen3.

On the other hand Gen1s seem to be holding up well, I can't find any that go for what they are REALLY worth, people are selling them regularly for 7-8k on a 5k truck.

jnahm1

Established Member
yeah mine is a 2000 and its still worth half of what it was new...thats not bad compared to a jaguar or other cars like that

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
my truck is worth about 20k and i paid 19k a year ago. I would sell/trade my truck for either a newer Lightning or an 03/04 cobra

FordForSale1

King of all things FORD
Established Member
upinSMoKe said:
lightnings hold there value pretty damn good chief.... so what the phuck are you talking about?...

I'm not trying to start a fight but on paper it has a good value but try and sell it. $21,500 to $20,000 to $18,500...etc
No one wants it.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
FordForSale1 said:
I'm not trying to start a fight but on paper it has a good value but try and sell it. $21,500 to $20,000 to $18,500...etc
No one wants it.

Again, what condition is it in? Miles? Ever been wrecked? Even clean unmolested vehicles can be hard to sell in today's market. It took me over a year to sell my Saleen (a car that holds it's value VERY well) and I took a pretty big hit on it just to be rid of it.

ViciousJay

Established Member
FordForSALE1, im in the same boat you are in here in IL theres like 6 Lightnings in teh chicago land area and NO ONE wants to take a trade on one at the dealerships ive been to countless dealers, but being rejected is only doing one thing for me, i said **** THEM so i went and pullied him and bought all types of shit just waiting to be installed on the BIG BAD L im get used to driving him in the SNOW, i suggest you save like 5-10K otherwise the dealers around us wont take you serious, but just remember theres a reason behind everything msybe the Lightning GODS are r telling you something , hint hint, PULLEY THAT BITCH!!!!

ViciousJay

Established Member
beileve me i would LOVE to own a Cobra but i figure this ill wait a few more years till the new one comes out and then ill buy one an 03/04 one cuz all these guys will be nuttin over the new too much to reemember the potental in this one so i figure in the mean time ill apy this one off and OWN BOTH. (nothing personal to ANY COBRA OWNERS PLEASE dont take what i said to heart)

SHOE

Boo-frickety-hoo
Established Member
(With puzzled look)

New '04's are going for what, $27 - 28k (maybe less) ? You have an '02 (three years on the book now). I looked at an '02 with 11,000 miles on it two years ago that went for about $26,500. If that truck sat there and it still had 11,000 miles on it today, it's not going to fetch $26,500 like it did 2 years ago. I think you just need to calm down and have a reality check. It's winter, gas prices are ungodly, etc. If you don't like the price offered then don't take it or just wait it out. I, personally, add value to mine due to the satisfaction I get from it. I'm not going to get for mine what I think it's worth. If you want to sell it, take a hit or wait for a sucker to come along, but you can't fight the market or the natural act of depreciation.

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
i got a 03 with 10K on it and the highest bid i got was 20K i nearly fell of the chair laughing so hard

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Follow the Lightning community and you'll understand...

03/04s are typically going for mid-20s..

LocoGT said:
Cars are not an investment (excluding rare classics) so stop laughing. Welcome to reality. :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread