Can't leave well enough alone ..

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
I've done all the mods that I "intended" on doing over the past 3.5 years of owning my SB .. it went from bone stock to these pretty common mods listed. I would call this build done but we know how the modding world goes, always wanting more.. and I'm no different.. I just can't seem to leave well enough alone!:rolling:

Performance:
2.3 Whipple w/ 3" upper (16.5lbs) .. RAI .. SBTB .. 60's .. BAP .. Mac LT's .. o/r X .. Stingers .. 611/556

Cooling: Stock coolant tanks but do have the Killer Chiller and Afco h/e

Suspension:
Stock front suspension w/ H&R race springs .. Built SRA .. FLSFC

Wheels/Tires/Brakes:
18x9/18x11 TF Sleepers with 275/555 and 305/555R's respectfully ... Roush Alcon front brakes

Interior:
Aftermarket H/U and compete stereo upgrade w/ a sub

So... What would you do next??

I had a few mods in mind, maybe lightening the front:shrug:
Tubular K and Arms? but I would keep the springs..
170* thermostat?
Powder coated coolant tanks?

2012-09-05144557-1.jpg

20121130_134951-1_zpsbd7f5f3b.jpg

[youtube_browser]NK1rhNHfneo[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
i like bling so for me i would:

1. get canton/moroso coolant tanks
2. powder coated valve covers and timing cover (at least valve covers for sure)
3. 4# lbs lower pulley
4. upgraded front brakes
5. if interior is stock add some billet a/c knobs and upgrade the radio to a double din with navigation.

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member

3. 4# lbs lower pulley
4. upgraded front brakes
5. if interior is stock add some billet a/c knobs and upgrade the radio to a double din with navigation.

thought of some interior accessories .. as for brakes i have aftermarket Roush Alcon front brakes that i didnt mention

powder coated valves covers would match the whipple nicely!

Nice ride...TF's almost look like Mach 5's

Tanks for sure....Perhaps E-85?? :D

thanks .. we don't have e85 here .. that would be a nice way to reach 650 .. but that won't be happening :(

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
Do some cosmetic work if your happy with the ride/power quality now. I'd SB the valve covers and powdercoat the coil covers black......something along those lines. It'll seem like a totally different car with just some little touches.

gabe1530

Banned
great looking cobra. i love the tf sleepers.
i personally would do the 170 thermostat, upgraded tanks, and powdercoat the valve covers.
have you thought about moving the battery to the trunk for more weight transfer?
head cooling mod?

KYSVT

Banned
Car looks good man, on of the first things i did to any of my terminators were tanks so thats what im going to say.

reved up

Faster than you
Established Member

3. 4# lbs lower pulley
4. upgraded front brakes

You have an 850 hp car running 11s, i would make it a personal goal of mine to never take any advice from you...... :bash:

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
Do some cosmetic work if your happy with the ride/power quality now. I'd SB the valve covers and powdercoat the coil covers black......something along those lines. It'll seem like a totally different car with just some little touches.

I was thinking of powdercoated covers to match the whipple with billet coil covers

great looking cobra. i love the tf sleepers.
i personally would do the 170 thermostat, upgraded tanks, and powdercoat the valve covers.
have you thought about moving the battery to the trunk for more weight transfer?
head cooling mod?

I agree .. and yes I've thought about moving it but the install seems complicated ?

would've done the t-stat first. lol

I know I know !

Car looks good man, on of the first things i did to any of my terminators were tanks so thats what im going to say.

Tanks seem to be the favored next mod

You have an 850 hp car running 11s, i would make it a personal goal of mine to never take any advice from you...... :bash:

Lol!

Last edited:

JAYSVT06

Established Member
I dont like ac knobs n all that crap to tacky, but i did do a billet shifter bezel to brighten interior up and triple pillar gauges from speedhut.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
What gas did the car make 611whp on with only 16.5lbs of boost? I've never seen numbers that high on a 2.3 with that low boost? SAE? What dyno? Personally I think you're car looks great as is and would just try some underhood upgrades like the tanks as mentioned and some nice coil covers with painted valve covers. Maybe an ice tank in the trunk for the killer chiller if you don't have one already? I agree the billet interior knobs look like shit and make the interior look cheap/ricer.

Last edited:

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
What gas did the car make 611whp on with only 16.5lbs of boost? I've never seen numbers that high on a 2.3 with that low boost? SAE? What dyno? Personally I think you're car looks great as is and would just try some underhood upgrades like the tanks as mentioned and some nice coil covers with painted valve covers. Maybe an ice tank in the trunk for the killer chiller if you don't have one already? I agree the billet interior knobs look like shit and make the interior look cheap/ricer.

It made 597rwhp with 18lbs with stock manifolds

611rwhp after longtubes were installed so that is why the lower boost .. it sometimes can jump to 17lbs

It was tuned on 93 octane on a dynojet

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member

dude your not on her often are ya.... do some research before you open your mouth. my car has not been to the track in 2 years. I got kicked off the track because of no cage 2 years ago. when the car made 630 rwhp I went 10.70 @ 136 mph with my whipple on a stock motor.

Users who are viewing this thread