Can't stop the smoke.

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
Ok, some brief history.

Oil pump let loose, put new bearing in the motor. Car seemed to smoke more than it use to after this. Come to find out the turbos were shot.

Go the turbos back and istalled. Now it still smokes.

I have nitrouse jets as restrictors and a scavage pump.

Im thinking that I can run smaller restrictors or maybe my pump isnt working properly?

It use to not smoke before with the restrictors and pumps?

TRBO VNM

did you try running the motor without the turbo kit to confirm the motor was ok and it wasn't smoking?

what size restrictors and what size feed lines? what turbo's and are they ball bearing?

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
I did not run the car on just motor. The motor was checked and was taken apart to be inspected and bearings installed so Im pretty sure its not the motor as its brand new.

I don't know what jet size we have in there or the feed lines. They are just 57mm turbos non bb.

I have had my scavage pump just stop working on me one time, we took it off and checked it and it worked fine when hooked up to a battery so we put it back on. I always thought that was weird tho how it just stopped working on the car one time.

GHIG RTR

Banned
Could it be alot of residual left over? I know that's the problem I got right now. Took off the turbo that was smoking and saw no fresh oil on the outlet tube. One of my other tubes going back towards the muffler had about 4-5 oz of oil/water pour out of it. I'm pretty sure my muffler and exhaust pipe part that's under the rear differential have plenty of residual crap still in it.

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
Could it be alot of residual left over? I know that's the problem I got right now. Took off the turbo that was smoking and saw no fresh oil on the outlet tube. One of my other tubes going back towards the muffler had about 4-5 oz of oil/water pour out of it. I'm pretty sure my muffler and exhaust pipe part that's under the rear differential have plenty of residual crap still in it.

maybe?

I just don't think so. I drove the car around 4 hours yesterday and it was still smoking.

TTBEAST

Established Member
I recently installed a scavenge pump and before i did so i had a lot of smoke coming out of the tail pipes. After the kit was installed it still smoked for a while and finally it cleared up because it all got cleaned out of my exhaust. There was a lot of oil in my exhaust pipes. Be patient and try to clean it out, if that does not work run the engine without the turbos to see if its your motor.

TTBEAST

Established Member
talked to a guy who builds a LOT of turbo cars today and we had the convesation about the cars smoking, He told me that it seems that sometimes the pumps and restrictors work great and sometimes that they dont work at all. I find this really strange, but i guess every car is different.

Users who are viewing this thread