Canton Expansion tank question

snakeeyes99

SVT Poster
Established Member
I just installed a canton expansion tank in my 99 cobra. I see that the current sensor that connects to my old expansion tank has nothing to connect to with this tank. What should I do with it? Right now I've got it taped up not going anywhere. Let me know if I got the wrong tank or if this is what should be done.

Thanks.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I just installed a canton expansion tank in my 99 cobra. I see that the current sensor that connects to my old expansion tank has nothing to connect to with this tank. What should I do with it? Right now I've got it taped up not going anywhere. Let me know if I got the wrong tank or if this is what should be done.

Thanks.

We've found that 99's are one of the only years that came with a sensor intergrated into the stock expansion tank. There's no way for canton to make their tanks with that sensor as you can see it's totally built into your tank and finding that same sensor to make tanks with was too difficult to do.

Canton suggests one of two things.

1. Remove the light bulb from the display on your dash that correlates with that sensor.

2. Keep the sensor connection at the tank disconnected. Take your negative battery wire off of the battery and leave it for about 15 minutes. Once you start the car after putting the negative battery terminal back on the battery the computer won't register that sensor and won't trigger the light anymore.

I guess since the later model cars don't have that sensor anymore it really didn't seem to be that important.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks, Jared

Users who are viewing this thread