Canyon Fun Run w/ Twin Turbo Porsches

03_Snake

Established Member
Yesterday morning (Sunday, 2/23) I went with about a dozen Porsches on a hour and a half long high speed canyon run! What a blast!

There were 4 Twin Turbos (one owned by steve97Cobra of The Corral), several Carreras, and even a '71 Targa. Also a tuned Mercedes and a 3rd Gen RX7 (driven by another friend) rounded out the group.

I was the lone defender of American Muscle. Well, I'm glad to tell you the car performed fabulously! I had expected that on the tight twisties and my unfamiliarity with rear drive that the ass-end would be loose.

This didn't happen. There was NO push and it only got loose twice, which I intended and was able to modulate with my right foot on corner exit.

At one point, we all pulled over in a lineup and took a short break. The driver of the car behind me, a late model Carrera, came up to me with his wife and they both exclaimed how fabulous the Cobra was. He admitted that he had been trying to catch up to me and couldn't!! In fact, he said he was reallytrying. I was running with the front half of the pack, just behind a twin turbo and doing just fine. I was on his ass until I realized I needed to back off due to the rash my paint was getting from all the crap he was kicking up.

I was amazed! We all know the car goes fast in a straight line, but the amount of stick (on the stock Eagle F1 GS tires) around those twisties really blew me away, even with the car sitting way too high and with 'vert spring rates.

Oh well, too much rambling. I'll get some pics soon and try to post.

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
Thanks for sharing that day of fun....Really makes one appreciate how special these 03 Cobra's are.

Harry Mager
www.HotRodHarrys.com
Home of Hot Rod Magazines 78 Street Machine of the Year
"Mid Engine 442"

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
Power to the Man with a $40K American muscle car!!! Man I love this story. All the fun at 1/2 to 1/3rd the price.

Me thinks this car could be a legend. Let's hope.

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Who'd have thought a hopped-up Fairmon err.. Mustang could handle with the Kroutmobiles.

Way to show them Porsche boys some American muscle.

Users who are viewing this thread