Car Alarm Help

Red35thGT

who cares?
Established Member
I just purchased a 92 ford bronco that has a Viper 350HV alarm installed on it. The bad part is that it automatically arms the alarm and locks the doors 30 seconds after I exit the truck. Does anyone have this alarm that might know how to disable the Active arming on this alarm? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Christian

Red35thGT

who cares?
Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
Rip out the control module. It will stop arming:D
I guess that would fix it, but I really would like to keep the keyless entry and the alarm functional. I just don't want the automatic arming of the system.

txyaloo

Established Member
Viper alarms are a whole lot easier to program with the Bitwriter tool. It's a pretty convoluted series of steps otherwise. I'd suggest taking it to a Viper installer and have them turn on active arming. If you want to try it yourself, the steps are below.

1. Open the drivers door
2. Turn the ignition on, then back off
3. Press and hold the valet switch. After three seconds
the siren will chirp once letting you know you're in the Basic Features Menu #1.
4. Press and release the valet switch once. Then press the switch
again and hold it. The siren should chirp once. This should put you in active/passive arming selection.
5. While still holding the valet switch, press the Lock/Unlock button on your remote. The siren should chrip twice indicating active arming was enabled.
6. To exit programming mode, release the valet switch and close the door.

Good luck with it.

Red35thGT

who cares?
Established Member
Thanks man. I will give it a shot. I went to Best Buy to see if they could do it for me real quick and they wanted 68 dollars and hour and then they wanted to go through it and see how it was hooked up first before they would mess with it. Pretty much wanted to rack up as many hours and I would let them. It would probably be cheaper for me to rip it out and buy a new one and have it installed than it would be for them to dig under my dash and waste my money.

Once again, thanks for the info.

Red35thGT

who cares?
Established Member
txyaloo said:
Viper alarms are a whole lot easier to program with the Bitwriter tool. It's a pretty convoluted series of steps otherwise. I'd suggest taking it to a Viper installer and have them turn on active arming. If you want to try it yourself, the steps are below.

1. Open the drivers door
2. Turn the ignition on, then back off
3. Press and hold the valet switch. After three seconds
the siren will chirp once letting you know you're in the Basic Features Menu #1.
4. Press and release the valet switch once. Then press the switch
again and hold it. The siren should chirp once. This should put you in active/passive arming selection.
5. While still holding the valet switch, press the Lock/Unlock button on your remote. The siren should chrip twice indicating active arming was enabled.
6. To exit programming mode, release the valet switch and close the door.

Good luck with it.

Thanks a lot man. That is exactly what I was looking for. It worked.

Users who are viewing this thread