car audio tech help

99bolt

Build# 1464
Established Member
The volume on my stereo won't go up. The volume button works because I can just barely hear it when I turn it all the way up.

Can anyone help out? Maybe tell me where I should look for problems etc. :shrug:

00LightningGSXR

Established Member
Man I have the exact opposit problem Mine will go way up and then when I try to turn it down it continues to go up. LoL, am going with an alpine to replace it.

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
speakers might be blown. Had a problem like that before in my mustang and it was the speakers. Just get an old speaker and hook it up real quick to see if that is the problem.

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
Aftermarket deck right? (almost all aftermarkets use a soft button for the volume control (providing it doesn't have a knob) they can wear out as they are just 2 soft metal pads). If it's the factory deck the knob it's self probably crapped out. ( $15 in parts, $25 to $50 in labor to fix. Might just want to scrap it or pick one up off ebay for $35 shipped.

99bolt

Build# 1464
Established Member
It is aftermarket. And the remote buttons are soft and I use it ALOT. But I don't think it's worn down since I can still turn it down/up, it's just not loud. I can't find any speakers and I don't want to scratch something so I'll just have to take it to someone. Thanks for the help so far.

Update: Ok. Fixed! A very small AUX/LINE button was pushed in (on) causing it to direct the sound... elsewhere. :uh oh:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread