Car Built 6\26\02, I now have the TICK

byevette

Momento Mori
Established Member
What do I do now? I am the original owner with 11K on the speedo.. I thought I read that Ford was no longer fixing the tick under warranty???:shrug:

I also have the A pillar wind noise. I see that there is a SSM on All Data for this. Anyone have this replaced or just live with it?

Advice or opinions welcome.

Thanks.

Chris

:beer:

MTI LS1

Same thing is happening to me. I really hope that Ford comes out with a real fix this time. I may try going over there and talking with them to see what I can find out.

Zach

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
It took 11k for the tick to start? I thought people who have the tick ususally get it within the first few thousand miles?

byevette

Momento Mori
Established Member
Originally posted by mike79
It took 11k for the tick to start? I thought people who have the tick ususally get it within the first few thousand miles?

Honestly, I never had it. I have been following the issue for some time and always payed close attention to the engine bay.

I have a friend who got his car the same time as myself and had the tick. I never had the problem until now.

It literally started this past week!!!!!

trey193

Established Member
U R eligible for the TSB so yes they will replace your head because your build date is what makes you ok, however they are supposedly coming out with a new head that will fix it once and for all "supposedly" if i were you i would wait for the new fix and just drive it till then, most have said the tick isnt detrimental to the motor!

MikeW

Established Member
:mj: Damn it! I hate to hear that. I hope Ford/SVT will make it right. I'd call SVT a nd ask them how this issue is going to be resolved. Me being #935 of the Verts... I'm very upset to hear this news. I only have 3,000 miles and wont be at 11,000 by the time that my warranty is up. Very upseting news.

:nonono:

Good luck and keep us posted

byevette

Momento Mori
Established Member
Originally posted by 97topless snake
:mj: Damn it! I hate to hear that. I hope Ford/SVT will make it right. I'd call SVT a nd ask them how this issue is going to be resolved. Me being #935 of the Verts... I'm very upset to hear this news. I only have 3,000 miles and wont be at 11,000 by the time that my warranty is up. Very upseting news.

:nonono:

Good luck and keep us posted

What's up my #935 friend?

I just found out from the SVT that it is TSB 03-11-04. The dealership is yet to call me back with that info and all I had to do was call SVT.:mj:

I will see what happens when I bring it in later.

:beer:

Yates...Man

TRMN8R
Established Member
Byevette how is the dealership treating you in regards to your tick. Are you still using Regency / Debbie Theall? My car will go in to the dealership in the next couple of days. TOB is squeeling again and I have massive clutch vibration after high rpm's. When backing up my car's ball joints feel horrible. And, and I may also have the tick but it isn't very loud. Wish you could hear it. Oscar said SVT was replacing the entire mill due to a class action lawsuit. I really want all the numbers on my car to match an engine transplant would be horrible. Anyway let me know!

Orange Poison

Established Member
Wow.....that is the first tick case I've heard with that many miles....like someone said...it's usually within the first couple thou

Users who are viewing this thread