Car covers?

five 0 ninja

Established Member
Just curious what you guys think is the best car cover to purchase. I have an 02 speedster. I'm looking for a cover that I can throw on car when it starts to rain at a show like Carlisle that will keep the interior totally dry? Also would keep it on overnight for same reason to keep condensation out of the vehicle. The rest of the year I want to be able to use the same cover to keep dust off of car in the garage. Any experience with my situation? I know California car covers alone have 30 different options, not to mention other brands. I know some are geared toward outddoor elements and some more just for dust indoors. Looking for est of both worlds. And also high quality so no worries of scratching paint or wearing prematurely. Thanks for any help!

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
well, for what its worth.....I just returned a cover to california car cover that I bought two weeks ago. It was their superweave $380 one that sucked. I got it in the mail only to find out it was like a tarp and really rough texture. Would never put it on the car against the paint = swirl city

I will be ordering a covercraft NOAH as soon as the refund is finalized.

five 0 ninja

Established Member
Wow thanks for info I talked to a guy from California earlier today he recommended the superweave as being the best for rain protection he compared it to umbrella type material that's 99% resistant to rain even if it's out for a long time and said it would also be great to keep the dust off indoors. he said it was about $320 but for custom colors and logo it would've been around 400.

So the outside and inside of the cover are same material? Figured inside would be something softer for paint?

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
I was looking at ordering this one.

Covercraft

its a little pricey but I am forced to store outdoors and figured it would be best for long term outdoor storage. I bought a cheap one a while back and it was torn up in a matter of weeks. I wonder if anyone else has used this one and how it holds up over time.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
well, for what its worth.....I just returned a cover to california car cover that I bought two weeks ago. It was their superweave $380 one that sucked. I got it in the mail only to find out it was like a tarp and really rough texture. Would never put it on the car against the paint = swirl city

I will be ordering a covercraft NOAH as soon as the refund is finalized.

this made me laugh- if your car and cover is clean, the cover will not harm your paint- it's made to repel rain right? name me a microfiber that repels rain...
Wow thanks for info I talked to a guy from California earlier today he recommended the superweave as being the best for rain protection he compared it to umbrella type material that's 99% resistant to rain even if it's out for a long time and said it would also be great to keep the dust off indoors. he said it was about $320 but for custom colors and logo it would've been around 400.

So the outside and inside of the cover are same material? Figured inside would be something softer for paint?

inside covers are very soft as they only repel dust. outside covers are much tougher to repel the elements, but not dust. each has their own purpose and trying to achieve both in one cover will just be a compromise. Most people don't pay enough attention to the details anyways so they'll say they have a cover that does it all from some no name $100 cover. You can't imagine how many people I've had come up to me at car shows, ask me about my cover, and me do a demo of pouring water on it to blow their minds.

Last edited:

five 0 ninja

Established Member
this made me laugh- if your car and cover is clean, the cover will not harm your paint- it's made to repel rain right? name me a microfiber that repels rain...

inside covers are very soft as they only repel dust. outside covers are much tougher to repel the elements, but not dust. each has their own purpose and trying to achieve both in one cover will just be a compromise. Most people don't pay enough attention to the details anyways so they'll say they have a cover that does it all from some no name $100 cover. You can't imagine how many people I've had come up to me at car shows, ask me about my cover, and me do a demo of pouring water on it to blow their minds.

Okay I give up what cover do you use that blows peoples minds at car shows with the water trick? Lol. I want to do that too! and keep my car dry if I encounter rain.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
Okay I give up what cover do you use that blows peoples minds at car shows with the water trick? Lol. I want to do that too! and keep my car dry if I encounter rain.

california car cover superweave. it also came with a chainrope to tie it down, and a bag for carrying it around. I got mine in 2 tone with the cobra emblem on the front. Has paid for itself multiple time over if you figure in man hours (in my case-my own) to clean up the car.

FromGTtoSVT

Established Member

Correct, there is no soft layer that goes against the paint. It's exactly like an umbrella type material that provides great all weather protection , but no protection against the paint.

Dragging anything that's harsh across the paint = swirls. California superweave is a pretty rough cover to be dragging across the paint a few times a week. it will cuase a massive amount of swirls. The cover looked like it provided superior rain protection , but I personally did not like how it was not a smooth surface that touches the paint

It's like drying your car with a microfiber vs a terry cloth. Just putting it on and off will cause considerable swirls and damage to the paint.

For a cover that costs nearly $400, this was unacceptable. I returned it and will be ordering a much better, more protective cover.

five 0 ninja

Established Member
The following was a text from a friend that owns numerous show quality cars. Figured I would share to give another opinion. Guess I will take a trip to his house and check out his covers before I order one.

"The california superweave is the best cover I ever owned,mine will last a life time since they see little outside use. The Noah is ok but after a year they leave dust all over the car,I'd never buy a Noah style cover again,all my NY friends switched to superweaves and ditched the noahs also. The superweave material is awesome,its not rough,if there was a issue with the material I wouldn't put it on my 84 with the original paint. come by one day and see them if you want,no water ever gets past these covers."

Last edited:

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
Correct, there is no soft layer that goes against the paint. It's exactly like an umbrella type material that provides great all weather protection , but no protection against the paint.

Dragging anything that's harsh across the paint = swirls. California superweave is a pretty rough cover to be dragging across the paint a few times a week. it will cuase a massive amount of swirls. The cover looked like it provided superior rain protection , but I personally did not like how it was not a smooth surface that touches the paint

It's like drying your car with a microfiber vs a terry cloth. Just putting it on and off will cause considerable swirls and damage to the paint.

For a cover that costs nearly $400, this was unacceptable. I returned it and will be ordering a much better, more protective cover.

your car has to be clean- what do you not understand? microfiber's scratch cars too- especially a black car. You can hardheaded all you want, but the proof is in the pudding- not in inexperience.

The following was a text from a friend that owns numerous show quality cars. Figured I would share to give another opinion. Guess I will take a trip to his house and check out his covers before I order one.

"The california superweave is the best cover I ever owned,mine will last a life time since they see little outside use. The Noah is ok but after a year they leave dust all over the car,I'd never buy a Noah style cover again,all my NY friends switched to superweaves and ditched the noahs also. The superweave material is awesome,its not rough,if there was a issue with the material I wouldn't put it on my 84 with the original paint. come by one day and see them if you want,no water ever gets past these covers."

x100

FromGTtoSVT

Established Member
im not being hard headed.....we just have different experiences

I felt the super weave for myself as did a friend and we both agreed it was not impressive. For they money, I wasn't happy.

I have another friend who has a cobra with 6k miles thats more anal that I am and loves his NOAH. Been using it for several years with no issues

To each their own, I was just giving my personal first hand expierence

five 0 ninja

Established Member
Haha. It is funny how you can talk to 5 different people and get 5 total opposite opinions. But really i appreciate all the input. Comes down to you have to make your own decision just sucks cause you have to buy it to decide. So hopefully I can make it to buddies house sometime soon and check his out.

Fudge

Established Member
I have the coverking stormproof, I keep my car in the garage and basically only use this to keep the dust off, but had my charger with the same cover in the rain once the cover worked really well kept the car nice and dry.

Coverking® - Stormproof™ Custom Car Cover

DAAFE1BD-21EE-45E9-B0FF-AC6C9C2EF90C_zpsgbpyv3wy.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread