Car died and won't start.

sprx19

Established Member
I've done some searching with no luck. This is a long story, but here goes. Last fall I was driving through the gears to redline and then when I slowed down the car stalled. I start it back up and it dies, then won't start, then starts and idles all irratic so I drive on to work with car hardly running. Start it when I get off work and it runs perfect. Then the next few times I drive it it starts mising at high rpm. Then I park it for the winter and this spring start it and it is real hard to start and then runs rough. Then I clean the IAC and MAF and go for a test drive and it starts good and runs go for a block and then dies and won't start. I finally get it started to get it back home but it acts like its running on about 3 cyl. Now it won't start at all.

The plugs are covered in gas like the ignition isn't firing or firing at the wrong time. ....please help!

sprx19

Established Member
I'm not worried about fuel pressure because the plugs are covers in wet gas. Its either not firing or not firing at the right time. I'm thinking maybe crank position sensor. Anybody with experience in this?

sprx19

Established Member
I don't have any codes since I reset the ecm (which erased them :-( ) Now it won't start so I can't get it to throw a code. It does sound like the frps you guys are talking about. Can't believe I never heard of this.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't have any codes since I reset the ecm (which erased them :-( ) Now it won't start so I can't get it to throw a code. It does sound like the frps you guys are talking about. Can't believe I never heard of this.
Pull the the electrical connector off the FRPS and see if it starts.

sprx19

Established Member
Pulled the connecter and it started right up like its brand new! Thank god!!! .....well now order a new frps and I get my Cobra back. :banana:

Last edited:

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
And change your oil right away. When the FRPS goes bad, they have been known to let gas flow into your oil pan. You can smell your dipstick to verify this.

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
Its definatley ur frps. ive had the same problem. blew two within 1 month shitty they sell a washer that acts as a restricter its only 15 bucks from kenne bell

Users who are viewing this thread