Car died in 4th gear, now won't start

FlatBlack04

Established Member
2012, Coyote, motor has been rebuilt with oem internals about a year ago, simple bolt ons.

I have noticed the car being hesitant in 3rd gear and 4th gear pulls. I was cruising down the road, cruising at low RPM in 4th when all of a sudden the car started breaking up and then died. Now it won't start, I can hear the fuel pump and the car is trying to start but it isn't doing anything. No CEL's.

121AK

Established Member
My car wouldn't start this past weekend. Fuel pump was good and no CEL. It was because I had messed with the injectors.

basspro302

Established Member
Quick and dirty test is to see if it will start with the maf unplugged. Not all cars will run with the maf unplugged but most fords do.

Check for spark and injetor pulse with a test light. Use an incandescent test light.

If you don’t have spark or injection i would be looking at testing the crank sensor.

It could be alot of things but those are common problems on most cars.

FlatBlack04

Established Member
Quick and dirty test is to see if it will start with the maf unplugged. Not all cars will run with the maf unplugged but most fords do.

Check for spark and injetor pulse with a test light. Use an incandescent test light.

If you don’t have spark or injection i would be looking at testing the crank sensor.

It could be alot of things but those are common problems on most cars.

Thanks brother!

clinton2003

Established Member
more information is needed..... what have you done to diagnose it so far? your findings? does it crank? does it sound even when cranking? does it sound like there is no resistance when starting? is the sound even? any and all information about it and you can get help.

otherwise your about as effective as solving an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum....

Users who are viewing this thread