Car & Driver Lightning test...

URBAN COWBOY

CITY SLICKER
Established Member
Found another "Oldie but Goodie" Car and Driver Lightning test.

[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Car-Driver-1999-Ford-F150_637071.htm]Car & Driver 1999: Ford F-150 Lightning Road Test- Video[/ame]

MJG

Established Member
99-00 14.3
01-04 13.8
For Ford's 'book' records.
There's been some stock 01-04s that have dipped into the very low 13s

x_man586

Going to UTI
Established Member
Cool. I would have liked to have seen that back then. Unfortunatly I did not know of the Lightning until The Fast and the Furious.

URBAN COWBOY

CITY SLICKER
Established Member
Cool. I would have liked to have seen that back then. Unfortunatly I did not know of the Lightning until The Fast and the Furious.

I remember setting my VCR to tape this episode back in '99, and somehow the dang thing didn't work and I didn't get it.:fm: When these trucks came out in '99 I always liked them and wanted one bad. I will never forget this story back in 1999; A friend of mine who owned a 928 Porsche said he was on the highway one day and red truck with the word "Lightning" on the side came along beside him. He said the guy in the red truck waved at him and then just accellerated off. He looked down at his speedometer and said he was doing 80mph at the time, and couldn't believe how the truck just took off from that speed. When he got home he called the Ford dealership and told them what happened and the salesman said, "Yes we have one of those down here now, it's a Ford Lightning and it sells for $29,000." The salesman told him what kind of power it had and that it was a brand new truck by SVT for 1999. I thought this story was pretty cool. :D

Users who are viewing this thread