Car Hood

ralliart16

Established Member
Is it illegal to drive on the street with no hood on the vehicle? I've seen a few muscle cars do it, and I know there are people who cut holes in their hood and have engine parts (e.g. blower) sticking out the hood. Where is the line drawn?

I can't recall any statute that would apply to this off the top of my head. I can only assume there is some vague statute and it would likely be up the officers discretion?

Thanks (I'm in FL if it matters)

Redmustang47

Mustang Obsessed
Established Member
in georgia i dont think thats the case, when i bought a new hood for my car i drove it to the shop with out a hood and i passed a cop and they didnt stop me

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
in georgia i dont think thats the case, when i bought a new hood for my car i drove it to the shop with out a hood and i passed a cop and they didnt stop me

Just because you drove past a L.E.O. in violation doesnt mean you will get stopped. I wouldnt recommend using that single experience as a barometer of legality.

jshen

Established Member
In Ga, driving without a hood could arguably be an "unsafe motor vehicle". OCGA 40-8-7

Jefe

Established Member
How bout AZ? Gonna need to hood repainted shortly...

fiveohpoepoe

Established Member
Come on. Read the rules. How about the officer didnt see him, or he was going somewhere else, or he was on a call or he was off-shift, etc.

Well said Adam.Alot of the time Ill see some type of violation but Im going to a call for service or have a prisoner.Several officers work "hustles"[extra security] and drive the patrol car to and from.I put on my blinders going home.I know when I come back to work or after I clear the call there will be 10 more violations I can grab

Users who are viewing this thread