Car hoods: Carbon Fiber or Fiberglass?

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
View attachment 1577559 I went with the Shelby SS hood in fiberglass. Not to be a poser, just that it matches the shape of the car best IMO.
It took the shop some time to get it right for paint but I expected that going in.
Your car looks absolutely beautiful and I agree, the 2010+ Super Snake hood looks natural for the 10+. The hood I really wanted was the Shelby 1000 hood. Unfortunately, Shelby has classified them as restricted. That means I can only get a Shelby 1000 hood if I buy the Shelby 1000 package for my car. ... I dont have $154,000 for that so its unfortunately a no-go.

The more research Im doing and the info posted here makes me less and less enthusiastic for a fiberglass hood, regardless of manufacturer. It sounds like it would end up costing the same to get a FG hood, prepped and painted as it would to just buy the CF version and run it natural.

As a true Gemini, Im going back and forth on the Hood, drop kits, hood, drop kit... I could live with and like the A53KR, but the KR influence is clearly for the 07-09 body lines. The question I have to ask myself is will I still like it (and the cost) a year or two from now...

tvspower

Established Member
Myself, a True Gemini. may 23
Having seen BPS race car a number of times
in person n racing vids, I was sold....
11lbs. ... heat coming out the cowl ..at night very visible cause lights
can see motor under cowl from inside car
may install tiny leds to run along the fire way
Best of luck... PS. When I 1st picked her up at BPS
Was n still is the perfect finish......now I truly know why oncoming traffic responds....

Attachments

• IMG_0120.JPG
    IMG_0120.JPG
    185.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0115.JPG
    IMG_0115.JPG
    249 KB · Views: 39

Users who are viewing this thread