Car is getting faster with age.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
My car is nearing its 3rd birthday and has 14k on it. It is still all stock power-wise. I took it to the drag strip for a few fun passes the other day on my road race suspension and 20in street dubs just for fun. The weather was 1000da, it trapped 117.7, 118.4 and 118.5 on my three runs. Those are my best trap speeds to date. My previous outing was in -400da and it trapped 118.0... A year ago in -700da it went 116.7 best.....

I've gone 11.82 as a best all stock on DR.... 12.18 best on street tires

What I'm getting at is the car seems to be getting faster with age.

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
Under normal driving conditions engines tend to be sealed best around 35k miles. So, your probably right, that engine is becoming more efficient. But wind and other external factors can also influence the cars performance.

IamRacerX

Established Member
Very nice ET's & MPH. Are those 1/4 mi runs with TracKey enabled? Also, was the traction control turned off?
Yes that is with the track key... I do not use launch control though, and traction control is turned off.

IamRacerX

Established Member
Under normal driving conditions engines tend to be sealed best around 35k miles. So, your probably right, that engine is becoming more efficient. But wind and other external factors can also influence the cars performance.

Yes it would seem it's more efficient. One other thing of note, my gas mileage has gone down some the last four of five tank fills. I drive the same route, not sure what that's about.

OrangeCompete

Roadrunner
Established Member
I keep saying the same thing. Mine really woke up and is much beastlier than before at 44K, thought it was just my butt dyno talking.

DA BOSS 13

Established Member
Yes it would seem it's more efficient. One other thing of note, my gas mileage has gone down some the last four of five tank fills. I drive the same route, not sure what that's about.

Yes, even in Florida gas is formulated for "winter" and fuel economy drops.

IamRacerX

Established Member
Made two 1/4 mile passes the other night in good air... Trapped 119.11!! All stock. I need to get this car on a Dyno and see what's up. Last year 117 was all it had in the same conditions...

Last edited:

Tubra

Established Member
35k here, engine finally seemed to fully "break in". Oil consumption slowed and it moves out more than I remember.

Users who are viewing this thread