Car is painted

BiLL1024

Established Member
Got the car from the shop a couple weeks ago. Here is one pic.
I will get more online soon. It came out sweet.
Soon as I get a nice day on a day off.
Bill
newpaint2.JPG

Last edited:

BiLL1024

Established Member
Thanks a lot for the complements.
The whole car was torn apart and painted, except the wheels. They did the black plastic moldings, and mirrors too. It came to 3500$ for the paint and minor bodywork.
I did get a set of after market taillights 160$ They are not painted stripes, but sure look a lot better than the cracked original one. So I installed the set.
Got a set of COBRA floor mats to go with it all and I am done; for now.
Was going to get gears. But went with a new motherboard, processor, video card and some memory. Darn games today need a lot of puter power.
When this loan is paid off; the plan is get the motor freshened up, bearings, seals, new heads and cam, forged internals. I have 3 years to plan it out. For now I am happy with it.
Thanks again.
Bill

Jettsaleen281

UT at Austin
Established Member
loan :(... i would love to repaint my car and do other things, but i hate loans... so i just work myself to death..

BiLL1024

Established Member
Well here is the deal.
My wife made a deal with me. “Quit smoking cigarettes you can get that mustang you wanted”.Two packs a day @ 5$ a pack =300 a month.
So I got a loan, paid it down; then took out another car loan out to get it repainted.
When it is paid off again I will take another loan for the motor work. Pay that off, then get another loan to do the suspension. Then pay that, heck it may be ready for paint again by then!! This will be a lifetime project.
The car loan and, insurance is 270 a month; so I get money for gas too.
Car, insurance and gas all for what I use to have go up in smoke.
To me the car is a freebe.
Bill

venomizd93

Established Member
How long have you had your car in Buffalo for. I think I saw you roll up to the Shelby car show about 3 or 4 years ago right at the end. I had a red 93 there, the only 93 cobra there. I have never seen another 93 cobra in the area. The only others I know about was a red 93 like mine in Charlotte(Rochester)NY. There was another teal in Brockport,NY(20 miles outside of Rochester). Overall they're pretty rare in that area. My car is still in the area, I haven't moved it to Detroit yet due to the high theft rate and my paint. I don't want the paint destroyed on the car, the roads are rediculous. Where in Buffalo do you live, or are you in the burbs.

BiLL1024

Established Member
I am in Dutchess co. Half way from NYC. and Albany.
Not alot of 93 cobras here either. I have seen 1 black and heard of 1 red and 1 other black one.

91lxcoupe

NOTCH U
Established Member
4993 to be exact.
Did they panel paint or remove everything possible minus fenders and bumpers? I would like to see a under the hood shot. Car looks great, esp. the trim and mirrors. Did they just use a non-clear flat black paint?

BiLL1024

Established Member
Hi, they did take the whole front end off, rear end, hatch and hood. Took out the quarter windows and all trim, and all panels inside. They did not have to paint anything inside but they wanted to look for rust; and to get to the cracked paint by the windows.
I do think they did a good thorough job. They were surprised how clean the car was for a mustang of that year.
The paint on the plastic was something special. Light uv resistant, flexible, and takes 24 hours to cure. I will try to find out the name of it for you.
Bill

91lxcoupe

NOTCH U
Established Member
Thanks Bill. My car is about to get painted soon hopefully by me and my cousin who is a professional painter and was curious about the trim paint. It would be nice to have what kind was used b/c it looks great from the pics and I want mine to be able to fool people about if it was painted or not. Mine doesn't have any rust and has one tiny ding in the roof. No door dings thank god.
Thanks,
Kevin

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Bill - sounds like you definitely used a quality shop. A lot of them won't go through the trouble of removing the 1/4 windows, let alone the front end of the car...

93KingCobra

Established Member
BiLL1024 said:
The paint on the plastic was something special. Light uv resistant, flexible, and takes 24 hours to cure. I will try to find out the name of it for you.
Bill

So did you ever find out what they use for the windows???

Users who are viewing this thread