Car knocking when going over bumps

scog72

Established Member
Guys, I put my cobra in the shop last summer to get a tune and put long tube headers on. The car went in in perfect shape and came out quite a bit worse than it was. It was knocking in the front passenger side when I went over bumps. Come to find out, he left one motor mount off when he put the motor back in. He adjusted that but it is still knocking on the drive side when I go over bumps. It's like a popping sound and metal to metal sound. I would just like to get my car back to normal. Can anyone help please? Thanks!

scog72

Established Member
I guess that's what I can do but the shop is over an hour away and was going to see if anybody may know what would cause that off hand. I can take it to the shop but am really worried about what may hàppen if I take it back. I was planning on taking it to a closer shop that my friends have had luck with and telling him to fix it. Thanks for the advice.

Jefe

Established Member
Only over bumps and not when turning at low speeds? You already have the solid steering rack bushings? That's the common fix for front end knocking

scog72

Established Member
It seems to be just going over bumps but it also seems worse when turning and going over bumps. Occasionally it will do it just driving straight. I wonder if the guy may have forgotten to tighten something else up like he forgot on the motor mount. It's not a constant pop that's what makes it so hard to figure out.

Users who are viewing this thread