Car launches into the water at local car show

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
there is reason why remote start is illegal in manual transmission cars. Projectile much? I'm sure but not 100% positive on this matter.

COBRA_ESQ

Established Member
Rx7 with LS1 motor.

Captree is a great meet, Sunday mornings from about 7am -11am. Hope they don't shut it down over this.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QebpXU59AjA&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Captree rx7 retard goes fishing[/nomedia]

Last edited:

DRAGUL

Established Member
Reminds me of a thread. I think it was over on the mustang forums, not to long ago. Guy installed a remote start and bypassed the safety switch. Took it in to the dealer to have the car serviced. Supposedly what happened was one of the service people hit the button thinking it was the alarm to find the car, but instead remote started it. Went through the parking lot and ended up in a pond. Car was totaled.

Instigator99

427 whaaaaat?
Established Member
there is reason why remote start is illegal in manual transmission cars. Projectile much? I'm sure but not 100% positive on this matter.

That statement is 100% false. Funny though, sucks if he really wasn't the owner though.

-Eric

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
Go figure the one Sunday i decide not to go.Got a call from my buddy the car it hit was his 800 mile brand new 11' gt500 vert.He told me if the guy didn't hop in and turn the wheel at the last second(clipping the bikes)it would have hit head on.

Edit: It was an RX7 with a LS7 swap in it,ccw's and the whole nine.Guy supposedly just got it back from some big name builder.

Last edited:

jordan0806

E85 and Psi
Established Member
for those who don't read articles fully:

"A male driver is hurt during an auto show at Captree State Park after his Mazda RX-7 apparently accelerated across a parking lot near a boat basin, then crashed into the water."

CAPTAIN JACK

Established Member
I sold the Shelby that got hit, rear quarter damage and some up front. My customer
must have had to be restrained...the car is brand new...shame

Users who are viewing this thread