Car Pulls every direction, not just right

bnglcat

Established Member
I was starting to think that I had the pull issue with my car until I noticed that it doesn't pull in just one direction. It seems that if there are large dimples in the road (about an inch deep or more), the car will pull. Other times, the car just seems to pull when the road appears flat. I realise there is probably some sort of impression in the road from years of use, but, should the car really be pulling this much. There is one place in particular where I need to actively correct the car or else I will pull into the other lane or off the road. Hard accelation thought this spot helps some as I am not there as long, but normal accelaration will cause me to first pull about 5 feet left and then about 4 feet right.

I used to have the same kind of issue with my 2000 GT, but this just doesn't seem normal to me. Does anyone else have a simular issue, or any suggestion as to what the culprit may be? Maybe I need some CC adjustments/replacement CC plates or something?

Any thoughts will be great. Thanks

Black'03GT

Established Member
Sticky Hi-Po tires follow cracks and grooves in the road. Mine does the same thing. Drive on a flat, newly paved road and see if it pulls. If it does, maybe you need an alignment.

bnglcat

Established Member
Black'03GT said:
Sticky Hi-Po tires follow cracks and grooves in the road. Mine does the same thing. Drive on a flat, newly paved road and see if it pulls. If it does, maybe you need an alignment.

That was what I was hoping to hear. I had a feeling that was it, but I wanted to make sure.

ur bittn said:
How about a good laser alignment to start.
I will probably get an allignment soon and see what happens. But, I think I am going to move up my CC plates on my todo list and then get it.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Every car I've ever driven with wide directional tires on the front has pulled. There are particular roads that will be worse than others but unless you put skinny non-directional tires up front you will always have this issue.

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
It's probably just the wide tires. My car does it, so do most with wide tires. Also, you may want to check the alignment, a little toe out can make the car wander a bit.

Hye

Established Member
Not *directly* related to your problem, but my alignment was way off from the factory. Less than 500 miles and that bitch was just pulling to the left. Took it in under warranty repair and they gave me a free alignment.

now if i can just get this transmission fixed...:(

you might just need an alignment

Users who are viewing this thread