Car Revs Up On Start Up???

HoustonGT

Established Member
Hey guys. My 01 Cobra does a weird thing, everytime i start the car it'll rev up to about 2400rpm's or so. nDoesn't stay there, just does it when i crank her over. Never really thought much of it, but lately i realized one thing.... The car is gettin LT's, an O/R X-Pipe, and SLP Loudmouth catback next week, meaning when i start it its gonna be insanely loud and everyone is gonna think im one of those retards that revs their car for no reason. Also, im sure the neighbors won't like me much at 6am LOL. What could it possibly be or is it just normal...I'm new to the SVT game but not Mustang, so not so sure. Thank In Advance,

Mike

MrBrain

Corner carver
Established Member
It's normal. Some people mean it's an "effect" made by Ford to make it sound scary..

99COBRADROPTOP

Established Member
Its normal, mine did it this morning and every time i start it ever since i bought the car. And for the neighbors, they'll just have to get used to it

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
normal.

ford wants oil to get the heads as fast as possible, and a bit of revs at startup was their solution. Probably not great for the bearings, but eh.

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,T56,solid
Established Member
My Cobra also does this. Starting it at 6:00am every morning with long tubes, off-road H, and a MagnaFlow will wake up just about anyone. I feel bad for my neighbors....lol

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
+1 to the car revving upon startup. I got acquainted with my neighbors real quick when they mentioned that they heard me everymorning around 6:30 start my car to back it out of the garage. It is pretty loud but I love it!

hus

SPDJNKY
Established Member
Mine does the same thing. And you talk about loud...I open my garage doors and while sitting inside the garage I crank my car and it echos off the walls with BBK longtubes, BBK H-pipe, Flowmaster Mufflers, SLP exit pipes and all this in 3inch form....GEEZ! A 2500rpm crank up will scare the bejesus out of you! Makes me smile :D

HoustonGT

Established Member
Sweet. Good to know its normal and it should be pretty interesting with the SLp setup. Thanks for the info :rockon:

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
Yea the rev pretty standard in the 4.6 world, you can make it come down faster w/ a IAC restrictor.

I thought I'd add in I love the sound of longtubes at idle. Mine really got rid of the "car underwater" sound.

HoustonGT

Established Member
That is normal. I feel sorry for my neighbors. Longtubes prochamber and mac catback at 330 am lol.

Damn I thought 6am was bad lol. Its all good though cuz my neighbor has a modded 02GT and the other neighbor has a C5, both has exhaust work as well. Only worried about the old people that used to bitch at me everyday when i had the GT with Bassani. I think its time for a nice driveby when i get the SLP put on.

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
Yea the rev pretty standard in the 4.6 world, you can make it come down faster w/ a IAC restrictor.

I thought I'd add in I love the sound of longtubes at idle. Mine really got rid of the "car underwater" sound.

Yeah they sound alot like a motorboat at idle.

Users who are viewing this thread