Car runs like crap! help pls

03cobrarocks

Established Member
OK so past two times I have taken out my car its been really off....

Sometimes the idle is very bouncy going from 800 to almost 1800 at times , and rarely it will stick at 1800.... Other parts of the time it idles a little higher than the tune is suppose to be set, like around 1200. The rest of the time it idles what it is suppose to idle at which is 1000.

It takes two or three cranks to start the dang thing, usually helps if I give it a tad bit of gas...

Lately a good bit of the time it has started stalling out on deceleration after I get on it hard.

Lastly I poped the hood today after driving it around for 20 mins or so and it seemed hotter than it should have :(

So I checked oil, intercooler resevoir (to make sure pump was working) and a couple other things and all seemed fine... So I looked at some dtc codes on my xcal2

I found:
P0193 - Fuel rail pressure sensor circuit high input

P0234 - Supercharger Overboost Condition

P0403 - EGR Flow Circuit Malfunction

P0406 - EGR Sensor A Circuit High

P1229 - Electronic Control Circuit?

P1233 - FPDM Isssue?

Now I believe one of those is always going to show up since I have no cats but I have no idea about the other ones :bored:

I tried to do a search on google and yahoo but didnt find much.. This all started happening after I got new intake and fuel system :(

Hopefully most these codes are just going off since I got a whole return fuel system and my tune just needs work or throttle body is having issues.... Figured someone would know

twisted03snake

Established Member
May be a vacuum leak somewhere...I had similar issues and turned out to be a broken t fitting causing the leak! Good luck finding the issue!!!

03cobrarocks

Established Member
hmm ok thanks for info.. forgot to mention when I turn on the A/C the idle shoots up like a mofo! probably 300ish or more...

Duno if that means antyhing or my a/c broken to lol

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
all tuning issues. your idle is due to your tune- if it goes nuts when you turn on the A/C then your air tables aren't correct in your tune.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Hmm hope you guys are right since thats a pretty cheap fix.. Going to a new tuner but they cant get me in until Dec 13 :(

Guess I just wont drive the car much till then... If it is the tune is it ok to drive as long as I dont go WOT? Or Am I risking messing something up just by starting it?

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Im thinking you need to have the car retuned. Especially after getting the fuel system. Hopefully it's just that.

Yea they retuned it after the fuel system and it made a huge power improvement (went e85) but I guess they neglected a few things :fm:

Anyway thanks for advice all

01BeansGt

Established Member
Yea they retuned it after the fuel system and it made a huge power improvement (went e85) but I guess they neglected a few things :fm:

Anyway thanks for advice all

Well that sucks, I would've given the shop a call to adress the issues and hope they would do something to help you out. Hopefully the other shop takes care of those problems. Also I would personally not get into boost just to be on the safe side. Hopefully my car doesn't have any issues when it's done. Good luck man!

wait4me

Established Member
Definatly all tuning issues.

The high boost codes are caused by your added boost, and just needs to be dealt with in the tune.

Same with the idle stuff. If you are using e85, make sure they changed the stoich ratios.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
^Thanks

If I am lucky maybe I can pick up a little power :), wishful thinking I know but still hehe.

Users who are viewing this thread