Car shut off and restarted

scotsam

Established Member
Albrightsville, Pennsylvania, United States
Driving to work yesterday morning she shut off under light load. Hit the key and it fired back up with the dreaded wrench light. Seamed to run ok. But it wasn't like I was going any full pulls or anything. Didn't have a lot of time to check things out today but I did hook the scanner up and check for codes I got p025a fpm control circuit open, p027a fpm b control circuit open, u0109 lost comm with fp control module, and u016c lost comm with fp control module b. I looked over the bap wiring quick and it looked ok.., so I ran out of time and left it at the shop. Anyone have anything like this happen before? I'm leaning towards the bap but obviously need the further diag the problem. I'm not sure if my mods are in my sig but I'm running a 20.5 volt kenne bell bap and been running it for the last 9k.

Imatk

Established Member
Driving to work yesterday morning she shut off under light load. Hit the key and it fired back up with the dreaded wrench light. Seamed to run ok. But it wasn't like I was going any full pulls or anything. Didn't have a lot of time to check things out today but I did hook the scanner up and check for codes I got p025a fpm control circuit open, p027a fpm b control circuit open, u0109 lost comm with fp control module, and u016c lost comm with fp control module b. I looked over the bap wiring quick and it looked ok.., so I ran out of time and left it at the shop. Anyone have anything like this happen before? I'm leaning towards the bap but obviously need the further diag the problem. I'm not sure if my mods are in my sig but I'm running a 20.5 volt kenne bell bap and been running it for the last 9k.

Never had that happen before but if you just installed a BAP then I'm pretty certain that's your culprit.

nxhappy

Established Member
first check relays and fuses. Then check FPDM wiring. Check all grounds. I bet it's the wiring.

Users who are viewing this thread