car shuts off after hard accelration when braking

mj42

UNDERDOG
Established Member
It has happened twice to me know, i will open it up and once i get off the gas and start braking my car starts shaking(possible wheel alignment) and then shuts off. then I come to a stop and i have to turn it back on. what can cuase the car to turn off.

Is it just as simple as getting my alignment, but i doubt that can be the problem but i can be wrong.

Any help would be greatly apreciated, thanks in advance.

SVT_BERTO

Established Member
My 03 used to do this a lot. My tuner was able to fix the problem.

...I think it's a common problem actually.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

mj42

UNDERDOG
Established Member
@ 03cobra #694 cool thanks ill search the stall issue.

@ svt berto what did you do to fix the problem

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
It was a factory tune issue that most had, including mine. Most tuners will resolve the issue when doing your new tune for mods.

mj42

UNDERDOG
Established Member
i searched and some send not enough fuel during decel, then maf being dirty and car possibly runnning lean

mj42

UNDERDOG
Established Member
I have no idea what is the cause i'm going to check the codes first then trouble shot from there.

I'll keep you guys posted for those interested and future reference. Or if anyone can shed light on possible reasons as to why

03dsgcobranc

Fujiwara zone
Established Member
cutting off after hard acceleration is a tune problem.
shaking under braking most likely warped front rotors

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
my use to do it too. Turned out it was my intake (K&N). More specifically, it was my MAF. The MAF can be a little finicky and can have trouble getting a good reading from the CAI. I had to reclock my MAF. Also, when I added piping from the fog light area opening to the filter (ram air effect) the stall came back. I had to adjust the piping a few times to get it right as to not affect the MAF (adjust it to where it didnt stall anymore). I hope this helps some.

mj42

UNDERDOG
Established Member
WELL i used my friends xcal2 to read the codes and pulled 7, of the top of my head it was o2 sensor bank 1,2 side 1,1.

then the other two was car being lean and possibly needed my car reflashed. etc. and possible vacum leak

mj42

UNDERDOG
Established Member
Quick update

Me and my friend were data logging and we got closer to finding out what the problem is and it was narrowed down to tune wrong avacum leak and something to do with the maf. We popped the hood and took apart the intake to findout the maf was customized prety much home made! So wbelieve its not calibrated to the new fitting so I am going to look got a lmaf and tune itaccordingto that and hopefully that willwork.I might just post pics of what im trying to describe.

Users who are viewing this thread