Car sounds like it has glasspacks!

LeathalSVT

Sinister
Established Member
Ok this is really starting to kind of bug me, I have BBK LT's, BBK o/r H pipe, and Maggie catback. The car sounds fine crusing and awsome at WOT but when I decel it sounds like I have on glasspacks with the pop pop pop. Is this something I just will have to live with or is it my combo that makes it sound this way? I had a catted X pipe on it until one or both of the cats started plugging up on me but it did the same thing with that on there, just not as loud. :shrug:

InfamousSVT

Boosted
Established Member
The only thing I can think of is that is because of the O/R mid pipe, but some high flow cats on there and it should help quiet the popping down or you can just live with it?

cdh027

Established Member
InfamousSVT said:
The only thing I can think of is that is because of the O/R mid pipe, but some high flow cats on there and it should help quiet the popping down or you can just live with it?

He's right, or you can keep the off road H and use chambered mufflers.

LeathalSVT

Sinister
Established Member
Yeah I think you guys are right, I suppose if it keeps bugging me I'll install some Flowmasters or MAC mufflers. :shrug:

blue88mustang

Established Member
My 96 never popped when it had Flowmaster 2-Chambers and an O/R H-pipe.

A couple years later, I switched over to a Magnaflow Catback and it too sounded like it had glasspacks. I am thoroughly disappointed that I bought into the hype that the Magnaflows would be worth a considerable amount of HP over the Flowmasters on my 96. Personally, I don't care for the sound of MOST "straight through" mufflers.

LeathalSVT

Sinister
Established Member
Yeah I liked the sound of the Maggie catback when I had the factory mid-pipe and manifolds on it but I have to say that although it sound bad a** at WOT the popping is getting on my nerves.

JayC

Established Member
The Magnaflows sound like glasspacks because that are glasspacks :bash: I've tried several different mufflers and have never been satisfied with any straight through design for that very reason. Right now I'm enjoying my dumped Hooker Aero-chambers.......they are a good compromise without the glasspack pop..pop..pop :beer:

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread