car stalling part two

Neko

THE ANTI-RICE
Established Member
well the car ran great last night. then my wife comes in this mornin and said the car wont crank. i stumble out of bed, go to the car, and it cranks, but as soon as i let off the gas, it just falls on its face. so i heel-toe it around for a good 10 minutes, still dies when the gas it let out. i get it stopped, checked the mass air meter, check the egr valve, check anything the looks like a vacuum, check both coil packs. then i get trace (wife) to fire the car up while im holdin the throttle contoll by the throttle body, and it starts runnin fine, and drove it for a half hour, with not a single problem. ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA ON WHAT THE HELL WENT WRONG. im goin to let it cool off completly then see whats up, but if anyone can think of something that would cause this, im all ears.

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
Check your batt. cables...Make sure no build up on posts is givin ya bad contact....Also check your cables where they connect to your coil packs...They get build up in there as well....Hope this helps....Your alternator in good shape?..Even might have a bad ground....All kinds of reasons.

Neko

THE ANTI-RICE
Established Member
well it seemed to run fine as it normally does, just like something with the idle was screwed. battery and everything should be good. and alt. seems good. closest thing i can describe it is when the mass air meter is not plugged in good, and it dies, but without the loss of power.

Neko

THE ANTI-RICE
Established Member
ok this might sound stupid, but what the hell is a IAC valve, whats it look like, and anyone know where it is?

Neko

THE ANTI-RICE
Established Member
nevermind, found out its in the pump, goin to drive it a bit and see what happens.

Ol Dog

Established Member
The Idle Air Control (IAC) valve is located on the left (driver's side) front corner of the Upper Intake Manifold (UIM). Right side if you are looking at the engine from the front of the car.

It has two 10MM bolts attaching it to the UIM, and one electrical connector.

Very easy to find and remove. Clean it with carb or throttle body cleaner. You can reuse the old gasket 99% of the time, if you don't tear it.

Ol Dog (Devil Dog)

Users who are viewing this thread