car starts sometimes....

'95yellowGT

Established Member
ok so my problems have only been happening since i washed my car the yesterday. when i got finsihed washin the car i went to start the car and it would turn over but like it was all ignition no engine turning its an irritating noise...but then u wait a few mintues and it will crank fine so the car has been doin this since yesterday sometimes it cranks and runs fine once its cranked btw and sometimes the car wont start at all. new battery new starter in the car....could i have gotten water in the distibutor cap? are those the symptoms?

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Your car doesn't have a distributor, has COP's (coil on plugs). If there is an cracks in the insulation on the "boots" that fit over the spark plugs, it can cause problems.

'95yellowGT

Established Member
car doesnt run right either idles down low when comin to a stop sign and sometimes while driving the car starts shuttering or surging....its gettin very annoying....my car has 113k miles. Could i need new COPs? they r original.

Sleepin96

Established Member
car doesnt run right either idles down low when comin to a stop sign and sometimes while driving the car starts shuttering or surging....its gettin very annoying....my car has 113k miles. Could i need new COPs? they r original.

Take them out and look for any corrosion, sounds like a misfire to me, check the plugs as well. As far as the car not starting that sounds like a ground problem as previously stated.

B

'95yellowGT

Established Member
i think i need a new IAC valve cleaned it and car ran a lot better but still a lil jumpy....as far as grounding issues the connections are fine on the battery do i need new terminals or ground wire? what?

'95yellowGT

Established Member
The main grounding connection is down on the driver side motor mount.

ok heres something crazy but im tryin everything....i took my stock hood off for this cowl hood and there was a ground type wire connected from the passenger side fenderwell to the stock hood could that b my problem??

Stephen4036

Established Member
No, I took my hood insulation off which has the ground and mine is fine.. I had the same problems check the two little black grounds near the driver headlight next to the batter.

'95yellowGT

Established Member
No, I took my hood insulation off which has the ground and mine is fine.. I had the same problems check the two little black grounds near the driver headlight next to the batter.

ok i checked those 2 and there tight and everything i mean so they should b fine right? idk whats up with this thing guys

jshertx

Established Member
Albeit you are having ground issues like mine did. I spent 6 months with the occasional "no start, sometimes with clicks, sometimes nothing" issues. I replaced starter, battery, and interruptor switch on steering column. Finally, my mechanic figured out the issue. The ground wire going to the motor mount is getting corroded or not making ground with the aluminum block. He ran a new ground from my negative battery terminal to a "steel" bracket near the serpentine belt on the driver's side.. It starts better now, and no more breakdowns

'95yellowGT

Established Member
ok cleaning the iac didnt help really....now the car acts like its cammin....still starting issues....anyone got any matches i can have for this damn thing!:fm:

'95yellowGT

Established Member
anyone wanna buy a mustang lol....also sounds like i have a wheel bearing startin to roar on front passenger side.....just frustrating i just got the car back goin again after a lil fender bender i had the a new 2.5 cowl hood put on, new 03 cobra full front bumper, and got the car painted,also ordered nitrous kit. so i just spent $3k on this thing.......:cryying:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread