Car still idles rough! Now what??

Riceater52910

Established Member
Heres the problem, i bought my 04 cobra from the dealer about a month ago. The car was already pullied, along with having a JLT cold air with a Borla cat back. Though bad thing is i dont know what kind of tune was done to the car, it did not come with a programmer. Since ive owned the car it has never idled smoothly, uless the AC is on. When i rev it up black smoke dumps from the exhaust, nothing crazy just a little initially. I tried replacing the Fuel rail pressure sensor, did nothing. So then i bought a Diablo tuner, which i received in the mail today. Install the 91 octane pulley tune, and the car still runs the same. Is it really bad that i installed over an unknown tune? If not, then what could be causing the car to run like this? Something not related to the computer?

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
If it had a pulley, then I would take it to a shop, have it dynoed and have the A/F checked. Dealership may have flashed it with a stock tune and you could really be messing up the engine. Stay out of boost and get that thing checked out.

nealc

Established Member
get it to a dyno or install a wideband. Do not beat that car. It is scary not knowing how well a car has been tuned.

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
I wish people wouldn't buy pullied Cobras from dealers unless they have all the tune info. I have heard tooooo damn many horror stories. :( Good luck man. Get it to a shop and get it tuned.

Riceater52910

Established Member
The traction control was tuned out when i bought it so i know there was some kind of tune... My guess would be some kind of custom tune. I assume if there ever was a predator tune on it the owner deleted so he could sell his tuner on the side, being that it did not come with the car. I mean it runs good going down the road, cant get traction till third gear. Something is not right though, know of any good tuners in the SW Missouri area??

Users who are viewing this thread