Car Storage--tips--to prevent any rust

BillyRayAZ

Friends,
Does anyone have any tips on what to put down on a concrete floor to prevent any moisture?
I have a brand new car stored here in AZ since Feb 07, I went yesterday to start car and let run for 20 mins.I looked under car and could see a little rust on the rearend supports and mufflers. It wasnt must but we are here in AZ were the air is mainly dry. I was thinking there might be something to lay under the car for the future. Maybe cardboard etc???
Anyone have any tips?
Thanks Billy

FiaCobra

Established Member
As far as the rear, they all come from the factory in a "rusted" state. The metal was not treated or painted. The mufflers....prolly the same thing.

I think placing some plywood on the floor, or possibly a rubber mat will help prevent moisture from coming from the ground. A fan moving air underneath will also help. I saw those "plastic bubbles" that you would drive your car inside work well. They have a fan that moves air around the car.

Supercharger

Established Member
Buy some of those rugs with rubber backings so the moisture won't penetrate and park your car on the rugs. In Iowa where I live, every spring when it starts warming up, we get a few days where there is condensation on the cement.

Users who are viewing this thread