Car Theft Season - Be Careful

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
Hey everyone. Just checked 'home' (j-body.org) and what did I see? 3 seperate car break-ins and one guy had his Z24 broken into in his freakin' garage . :nonono:

Basically, the weather is warmer now and those little worthless, thieving b/stards are starting to come out of the woodwork again. Be careful and be sure to keep your 'baby' locked, alarm armed, and guns loaded...and I'm only partially kidding. :bored:

Here's the worst of the break-ins. John Lenko had a beautiful Cavalier that ran the 1/4 in 13.8 seconds. Notice I said had. Here's the car now:

www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=1&i=234142&t=234142

PLEASE STAY ON THE LOOK OUT! There are amazing machines here at SVTP and I don't want to see any of you go through the above or what I went through last summer.

zzzzzer

Established Member
I hear' ya, bro. I hate 'em beyond belief. Here are some ideas posted by an audio/alarm installer:

I used to work in the security install business, so I thought I'ld share some of my experience. Some ideas to improve a security system:

- Battery backup (located inside the vehicle, of course)

- Mount the relay pack/alarm somewhere besides right underneath the steering column

- 2 sirens. This is the simplest way to disable an alarm that most people don't really think about. If you cut the siren wire, the only thing that happens is your lights are flashing...Hide the wires going to the siren if possible, wrapping them in electrical tape is a good idea to make them not so noticeable. Also, if you can hide the siren (such as behind a headlight or something) than it is more difficult to get to.

- Another siren inside the vehicle - That damn thing is LOUD inside a confined area like a car... It also prevents a theif from listening for the clicking of the relays so they can determine the location of the relay pack/alarm.

- Mercury switched on the hood/trunk - If you have a remote start, you should have one of these under the hood for the started kill anyway. Use them to trigger the alarm if the hood or trunk is opened.

- My personal favorite - proximity/motion sensor. Most of these are 2 stage: First stage warns them if they got to close to a vehicle. The second stage instantly triggers an alarm.

- Diode Isolate EVERYTHING - an old trick to disable an alarm was to break a light and send high voltage back down the broken bulb wire. since your alarm is connected to your lights to make them flash, this could potentially short circuit your whole alarm. You might have seen this being done in the movie "Gone in 60 seconds".

- Keep in mind that an alarm is only a deterant and if someone REALLY knows what they are doing, they can still get into your car. So don't leave valuables in plain view... - RAYDUR

Last edited:

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
That is so wrong. I have had my car stolen on 2 different occasions and believe me, it sucks, its a hassle, and insurance goes up! All because some little idiot wants to make a quick buck.

zzzzzer

Established Member
:nonono: Sorry to hear that Ghoust. Some people don't know how to work hard and BUY what they want. Instead the little SOBs have to go and steal from hard working people.

I-R-BABOON

Got Hose?
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraCallie
not unless you pay them to take it..

There is no need to knock my car just cause it isnt and all mighty cobra like the one your daddy bought you, we all arent rich you know

CobraCallie

Banned
well.. you know what they say.. "life sucks and then ya die". Everyone can't always be like me.. :-D

What? You can't take a joke.. :shrug:;-) You and my best friend Larry must be brothers or something..

Last edited:

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
San Fernando Valley, CA, proclaimed a zero-tolerance stance today.

zzzzzer

Established Member
Originally posted by ox03
San Fernando Valley, CA, proclaimed a zero-tolerance stance today.
GOOD! Any idea what the punishment is going to range from, even for the worthless first-time offenders?

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Not sure...I just heard the proclamation on local television...
More than likely the maximum penalty for first-time offenders...

zzzzzer

Established Member
Cool -- I certainly hope so. Thanks for the good news, OX. :) And props to San Fernando Valley's local gov't and law enforcement. :beer:

LogiWorld123

Established Member
My car is under the watchful eyes of the OSU police department.

IE its parked next to their lot.

:)

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Originally posted by zzzzzer
hehe...let's see 'em steal it from there. :thumbsup:

They would and could. Its just my chances are marginally lower, since the police happen to patrol around there frequently.

That and my car is a 4 door ford contour. haha

zzzzzer

Established Member
Scoriox: They would and could. Its just my chances are marginally lower, since the police happen to patrol around there frequently...
Okay, so its conceivable. :) But most of those b/stards are scared of their own shadow; they might look for an easier target. :)

That and my car is a 4 door ford contour. haha
What? And my Cavalier is a Jaguar all of a sudden?...lol Those SOBs will break into anything. In my hometown a guy was car jacked for an old Dodge Caravan. I'm still trying to figure that one out. :??:

Last edited:

taronis

Banned
One of the many benefits of living in New Hampshire is the freedom to buy, own, and carry fire arms. If a ganiff were caught in my garage I would reduce his genetalia to catfood courtesy of a .38 or .45... I would allow my doggie free pick of what was left. Mastiffs eat a lot.

zzzzzer

Established Member
What's disturbing is an honest person can take down a criminal, yet the honest person may face criminal charges of his own for doing so. That's freakin' sad.

Sometimes the tree hugger faction of society gives the darn criminal more rights than the victims. :nonono: Hey, if you commit a crime you assume the risk of that crime and one of the many risks is you may not see tomorrow.
brutal_46.gif

NastyWS6

Established Member
Cool, just what I wanted to hear. As soon as I get my motor swapped out I will give the address to one of them so I can get rid of my car another way :thumbsup: j/k or am I :D

Users who are viewing this thread