Car Towed

_GuRu_

Established Member
We have had massive snow here in town, and so my daily driver (92 accord), wasnt really able to get around. I parked it on the street in front of my house, and of course the snow plows came around and buried it up to the bottom of the windows. There was no way for me to get it out after everything froze and hardened, so I drove my other car. They said on the news that they were flagging cars to be towed and giving you 1 week to get your car off the road once you got the notice. So I have been watching my car every day or 2 for a notice, and never saw one. Last night my car got towed, and after I talked to the tow guy, he told me that they flag your car and have it towed within 24 hours. The tow bill is gonna be about 400 dollars! Not much I can do, mostly just venting but if anyone else has been in a similar situation or has ay input/suggestions, let me know

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
I can't identify with you down here in Texas. 65 degrees. While I love Washington State in the summer, I can't fathom why people would subject themselves to temps that low. Good luck getting your Accord-sicle out of hock.

_GuRu_

Established Member
I completely agree, I just moved back from San Diego and I absolutely loved it down there. We found out my wife is pregnant and decided to move back up here to be with family for now. Hopefully we wont be here too long

eclipsemustang

Established Member
last week my parents got a citation for one of their cars being parked on the street in front of their house, its odd because in 21 years they've never been bothered, and there hasnt been much snow lately.

jfsram

Established Member
. I parked it on the street in front of my house,

Seriously, didn't you see this coming?

I know some problems are easier to resolve than others but for this reason alone. I do not park on the street in front of my house in the winter time.
It's like those snow plows are just waiting for you to park, walk away and bury your car.

If by chance, your car does get buried. Did it out right away. Get a big scooper type shovel and throw the snow back ONTO the street.

84286915.BkH02yZG.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread