Car was hit in a parking lot - need advice

mxracer409

Established Member
Hi everyone
my black 2011 was hit/scrapped while parked in a parking lot the other day. I've never had to make a claim for anything before but looking at the cost of just buying a new rear bumper cover vs having a shop repair it, simply replacing it with a paint matched OEM one seems to be the cheaper of the options. Just curious if people that have gone through this process before can share their experiences.

Only thing wrong is the rear bumper cover is scraped so i would be just replacing that with part 17K835 i believe. (in a parking lot where i was 1 of 2 vehicles there when i parked so i have no idea how someone could have hit my car, although looking back i was in the same parking lot for the Optometrist so people parking there could be dang near blind. lol)

96lasersvt

Established Member
I def feel your pain. I live next to a family of retards and mine has several scratches and chips from them and that happened in my own driveway.

SD_Stang

Established Member
Also you may have a deductable likely of 500-1000 so you'd be out of pocket anyways. I'd get a couple of quotes also look around for take off's in the same color. You may be able to find a deal from a yard etc.

Users who are viewing this thread