Car wasn't running so ran the quad

nastygt

Officially Crazy
Established Member
Well today my car wasn't running and I just had the urge to race. So I walk out to the garage and get the idea of running my 2001 Yamaha Blaster. I called Dragway 42 and they said it was fine. So I loaded it up and went out was actually pretty happy considering it was bone stock. There was more left in it but I only ran 2 times. The first run I let off twice because my helmet kept flyin up in the air. The run after I went from 4th straight to 6th and had to go back down a gear, but my launch and hitting the gears were sooooo much better.

Run 1
RT-.763
60FT-2.51
330-7.7
1/8th-12.2

1/4-19.9
MPH-60.69

Run 2
RT-.654
60FT-2.41
330-7.1
1/8-11.4

1/4-18.7
MPH-63.45

It was a blast though running it I'm def. doing it again.

Last edited:

REPCobra10

Established Member
LOL! That's pretty cool man. I had no idea that dragstrips would allow you to run ATV's and such. 18.7 @ 63 MPH isn't to bad either, considering. Take it easy man.

TechNine

Muscle Mafia
Established Member
I know this is an old thread but what the hell, I ran my 03 raptor 686 stg 2 cams port and polished, full yosh system, pretty much all boltons renthal front and rear sprockets on hoisers got these times

Run 1
1/4 13.2 @111

Run 2

1/4 13.46 @ 110

sorry no 0-60 or 1/8 times lost my slip a while back

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
When I went last week there was a snowmobile there. Don't know what all he had done but it was alot by the way it looked and ran. I believe his last run of the day was a 9.0x at 144 mph.:eek: to say the least

S2-Raw

Established Member
Yea the numbers do seem pretty low. A quad should be able to rip at least a 2.0 60ft. How were you lauching it? I recomend leaning as far over the bars as possible, rev that bad boy up and pop the clutch to about 75% then feather out the rest as you give it full throttle. Then, stand back and watch you ET drop like Micheal Jackson pants and the local boys and girls club.

What size motor does a Yamaha Blaster come with?

nastygt

Officially Crazy
Established Member
Bought time I got some replies. Black bolt at the track I go to Quaker theres more snowmobiles then bikes and man them snowmobiles run just as good of times as the bikes do. Its crazy to think people ride those things in there yards they accelerate sooo quick to. S2 I was launching like a pussy it was my first time out soo many people watching I was just trying to get off the line next time I will launch like I normally do. Also the Blaster has a 200CC 2 stroke motor. I know i can get waaay better times I just need it to be sorta quiet so I can here the motor and launch harder. I just wish the blaster had a little more gear for the top end I was topped out before the 1/8th. OO well thanks for the replies.

Tylerb59

Established Member
That's awesome.

I ran my Metro once, 18.3 @ 74mph 2.7 60 :bowdown:

http://forzamotorsport.net/060506-01.htm

metro2.jpg

metro6.jpg

LeddZepp8687

Yes, It's slow.
Established Member
Hell. Ive seen snowmobiles up at great lakes dragway....Soem really fast ones too. there was a turbo'd one winding 12s all night.

Users who are viewing this thread