Car will not stay running?

tigerwoods

Established Member
Car has catback and filter, stock other than that. I drive it about 15 to 30 minutes everyday. Yesterday was no different. Today I go to start it and it starts, then dies. I tried 5 times and gave it a little gas and it still falls on its face. The car is in my garage, but is the cold weather messing it up? What is the deal?

Juruense

Banned
Sounds like it may need a new IAC, try tapping the IAC with a long handled screwdriver and see if that corrects the problem. If it does correct it I suggest a new IAC cause it will stick again.

2004silvercobra

Established Member
iac is right above your throttle body.. the cold air can mess with the car.. when its cold out i have to let my car warm up for 15-20min or it wont run very well at all

heywaitfourme

Established Member
I'm having the same problems right now too. This is the FIRST year its done it too. Last year it would sit outside in single digit numbers and fire right up. Once the temp gauged MOVED, not warmed up, MOVED, she would run like a rapped ape...now if I give it gas, it dies! I'm still tryin to figure it out as well. Good luck, we'll race to see who figures it out first!!!

Users who are viewing this thread