Car with 2.3 whipple?

Jsak

Established Member
Im planning on buying an 03 cobra and was wondering if it could handle a 2.3 whipple reliably with 17psi. planning on doing irs brace, boost a pump, tb, x-pipe, and catback, dr's, and injectors. How will it hold up to these mods. Also do I need any other mods to make it more reliable. this car might be a dd.

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
what part exactly are you asking on the car that will hold? the bottom end? rear end?

plenty of people run whipple setups on stock motors. i am doing my build right now. a brace is a good place to start, but honestly you may want to do bushings, and subframes. your fuel selection looks good, but your going to maybe want to go with and FPDM setup as well. you will need things like an intake, and tuning device as well. not to mention a tune itself.

it gets costly, there is ALWAYS more to buy than you think. oh you will also need to do a clutch, as the stock one wont last long.

ANNNNND when you do that you want to do a input shaft, TOB, and sleeve.

haha....you can see, this adds up fast.

MustangMikeKy

Whippled L
Established Member
IRS brace before anything else . . .

I've got my Whipple on stock bottom end . . . it handle's it just fine :beer:

could daily drive it if I wanted . . . most people don't have a problem, its all in the tune . . . i don't think I've seen one that has had a problem honestly

Last edited:

90lxfox5.0

Established Member
really the short block is good to well past the 700whp mark if the tune is right.Dont get greedy with the tune and it will live for 100k.If you ping it it will break.usally on the setup your speaking of you would be in the 570 to 600whp range and as long asd the tune it solid it will live as a daily driver.

speedfreak440

Gear Jammer
Established Member
I have a KB 2.2 stock block is fine matter of fact I'm about to add a 100 shot. Given my personal experience I would make my first two mods as follows: MGW shifter & a quality set of subframe connectors (assuming of course the car does'nt already have these mods).

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
i would also suggest cooling mods.

car should run great with all these supporting mods.

Last edited:

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I just put on my whipple and would suggest a upgraded FPDM with GT pumps. I maxed my BAP @ 16lbs.

Users who are viewing this thread