car won't run. any help would be great.

silverbird

Established Member
95 mustang gts.all trick flow h/c/i bbk long tubes off road h pipe 2 1/2 in to flowmaster3 dumps. the car was running good. lots of power 34 mpg it was great. then i blew out the radiator. went and bought a new one. the car ran good for about 3 days. then all hell broke loose . It began shutting off by itself. I would have to go and lift off the distributor cap. put it back on and it ran good.this got to be annoying. so I was told that the distributor needed to be replaced. ok I did that. a week later it was running strange again. Idle up and down at stop lights the idol was as high as 2500. so i figured vacumn leak.I looked un the intake and found the small plugs were shot. one was actually gone the other was cracked all the way up. Ok i found my vacumn leak.went to start it up it run horrible. tons of black smoke ect.I shut it off and went down and bought a code reader,it told me that the pcm was inoperable. So I bought another one for a mustang gt. I have a sct chip on the first one so i put it in the new one. Car still won't start it won't even try.yes it has 24lb injectors in it.cleaned the mas sensor replaced the ect sensor. I tried evrything that the book says.tomorrow i'm going to start early turn on the heat in the garage and tare into this thing. it is driving me crazy. any help would be appreicaited.

Last edited:

silverbird

Established Member
finally

it,s alive yes i got it to run today. finally. now i have to figure out how to keep it running. it has a 70mm throttle body on it.i'll try to set it according to the new install directions then we'll see if that helps.

silverbird

Established Member
wtf

milkshake time.While playing with it trying to get it to idle right the low coolant light came on. I just put in a new radiator and a new thermastat. so when I took off the cap the radiator was down about 1/2 a gallon. no leaking no where else to go. I pulled the dipstick and saw the milkshake color oil and it was about 2 qts up the stick.time to pull all of the trick flow stuff apart and find out why it did this...at least i have a few months to get it done.

Users who are viewing this thread