Car won't start after sitting for two weeks

asierra1

Established Member
I went out to take the cobra around today since it's nice out, and the sob won't start. It cranks and sputters, and it'll actually fire up for sec, but it'll only run for a few seconds. During those few seconds, it tries to run, but fails. The wideband won't even register anything. All sensors are plugged in and the car isn't throwing any codes. I popped the hood and noticed a little bit of fuel leaking from the regulator where it mates up to the fuel rail adapter. It read 45 psi, which is what hpp set it at. There's no frps, so I'm thinking it's the fuel regulator. I'll post up a video in a minute. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Alex

asierra1

Established Member
update: got the car to idle for a while and got it up to temp. I drove it around a little and when I got on it at all, it would sputter and pretty much try to die. The wideband pegged 18 pretty hard. I scanned it with my sct, and got a p0234 code for overboost condition. Anyone know what it could be?

asierra1

Established Member
So I got it figured out and fixed. I talked to a very knowledgeable guy at the pep boys speed shop earlier. He told me that it was definitely the reg. He didn't have one in stock, so he gave me a tip on how to fix it. Basically, either due to the weather temps going crazy or me somehow getting some trash in the fuel line, the diaphragm in the reg was sticking. He told me to adjust it up a little, back down, and then back up again. I did this and the car immediately fired up and ran smooth. I went for a drive and did a couple of easy high gear load pulls and it didn't miss a beat. I then adjusted the pressure back down to 45. As for the water, I'm assuming it was just a lot of condensation in the exhaust. Theres no water or antifreeze where it shouldn't be.

Blueline, to answer tour question, during winter time I fill the ic with a 50/50 mix, and for summer a 30/70. 70 being water.

Problem solved. Problem staying solved.

asierra1

Established Member
Yup. The guy at pep boys is going to order me one. They price match anywhere online and give me a 10% military discount on top of that. Not bad, especially since they're 2 miles down the road.

Blueline

Established Member
Congrats on getting her figured out! Glad it wasn't the intercooler system, this cold snap took a lot of guys by surprise.

Users who are viewing this thread