Car won't start, Code: P01903

Venomous04

Established Member
So after grabing some lunch I go and start my car, it starts up but idles very rough then stalls. I went to start it again and nothing, turns over but doesn't catch. I can smell fuel but the engine simply won't fire.

What I've checked so far:

- Checked all fuel/sensor related fuses
- Unplugged the FRPS tried to start the car & nothing
- Checked the fuel cut-off switch in the trunk
- I know I have gas cause I filled it up right before lunch
- Checked all vacum lines I could see and everything is connected

The code I'm seeing is P0193 "Fuel Rail Pres Sensor Circuit High Input". One thing I noticed is that as the car is cranking over I'm not getting a negative vacum reading from my boost guage, but to be honest I'm not sure I'm supposed to see a vacum reading until the engine actually starts.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, from what I've read here: http://www.modularfords.com/forums/f4/please-help-friends-01-gt-wont-58671.html I might need a new CCRM so I'll likely order one Monday.

thanks,

Marc.

Oxford Snake

Established Member
Marc,

I found this is in the Ford Service Manual

Constant Control Relay Module
The constant control relay module (CCRM) interfaces with the Electronic EC system to provide vehicle power (VPWR) to the powertrain control module (PCM) and the Electronic EC system, and for the control of the cooling fan and A/C clutch. The CCRM also contains the fuel pump driver module (FPDM) power supply relay, which supplies power to the FPDM. If any of the internal components of the CCRM fail, the entire unit must be replaced. The descriptions of the specific CCRM functions, as well as the Dual Function A/C high pressure switch are found under the individual hardware - PCM inputs and outputs in this section.

Check to see if you are getting power to the FPDM.

Venomous04

Established Member
*** Update ***

Replaced the CCRM module, and nothing, exactly the same problem. Fuse #34 isn't blown either :/

Oh and Dave how can I check to see if I'm getting power to the FPDM without a multimeter (cause I don't have one heh)

Marc.

Users who are viewing this thread