Car wont start sometimes??

ChromeCobra

Established Member
Never had this problem in the 5 yrs Ive owned my car and now all of a sudden the car wont start sometimes...I was out driving around last week and stopped for a train so I shut the car down to wait it out, when it was time to fire it back up it wouldn't start. I thought it was flooded because you could definitely smell fuel so I sat there for about 25min then it decides to start and run perfectly normal, when I got home I changed all the plugs...

Fast forward to last night, the car was sitting in the garage for about 4 days and again wouldn't start up, this time I couldn't smell any fuel which was making me think I burned out the factory pumps with the boost-a-pump. Now this morning I check it again just to see and the car fired up again perfect and ran like nothing happened. Ive never had this problem until I switched to a different fuel. I had been running for a long time the VP MS109 unleaded and just recently (within 2 gas tanks) switched to Sunoco 104 unleaded. When I pulled the plugs after it wouldn't start the first time they were very rusted like the fuel dried em out...the porcelain, strap and threads were all rust. I checked my GT500 which I run the same fuel in and the plugs looked perfect.

Any ideas what could be happening? Loose wire on fuel pump? I just swapped transmissions but I dont think I hit any fuel pump or ignition wires while doing the install so I'm pretty stumped

Thanks

ChromeCobra

Established Member
can you hear the fuel pump turn on everytime?

I thought that I couldn't hear the pumps last night when I was trying to fire the car up and was thinking about it all night...Woke up this morning to put a pressure gauge to the test port on the fuel rail to test it and the car fired up fine leading me to believe the pumps had been turning on. Next time it does this I am going to immediately check for spark and fuel pressure

Users who are viewing this thread