Car won't start

Whinee2v

Established Member
About a month ago, my buddy and I added a 25 shot of nitrous to my 04 GT with a 2.1 KB. As the install goes, we removed the inner fender on the passenger side. Four days later we test it and it rode great but we didn't install the inner fender in right and it started coming out when was testing it and had to rip it out on the side of the road. Speed through time to last week: last week I started wiring my tach, fuel press and boost gauge in the car. To test my tach, I tried to start of the car to see if it will work( also to test to see if I installed the tach adpt. correct) it wouldn't start. I thought it was the tach adpt. and unhooked it back to the normal wiring. Still wouldn't start. So my buddy came the house and we did some test. First the FP gauge showed 10psi when I first started trying to crank the car and I also notice fuel dripping from the adapter and tighten it down. We also tried priming the fuel pressure up to 40 psi and then starting the car. Didn't work. Tried buying a new fuel pump. Didn't work. We also tried wiring the old pump to a toggle( when we did the fuel pressure went up to 80 psi. Didn't work. Only way the car would start for a couple second is when turned the bottle open, arming switch( nitrous is ready) and sprayed it and start for a couple sec and die. Any help guys???? I miss driving my baby!

P.S the button in the trunk around on the driver side was depressed.

bobby_0081

Established Member
Did you remove the tach adapter and FPS adapter and hook everything back up to see if the no-start condition still exists? Where did you connect the tach adapter? Take a picture of where you wired the tach adapter and FPS in and maybe some more folks will be able to chime in also.

Whinee2v

Established Member
Did you remove the tach adapter and FPS adapter and hook everything back up to see if the no-start condition still exists? Where did you connect the tach adapter? Take a picture of where you wired the tach adapter and FPS in and maybe some more folks will be able to chime in also.

Yes, we rewired the original wire and the zex fuel rail adpt. back on and it's still a no go. I'll put a picture where I hooked it up to before I go the tach adpt.

Whinee2v

Established Member
image.jpg

The little box wire the bolt is on top

Users who are viewing this thread