Car wont start?

Smoked SVT

Established Member
I drove the cobra last yesterday and last night and it ran great. It started 100% with no lag at all. I parked it and went to leave this morning and it wouldnt start at all (No i didnt leave any lights on at all, I checked). Interior lights came on but it only clicked once and didnt try to turn over. I jumped it off of a friends f250 and let it idle in the drive way for about ten min. then turned it off. I immediately tried to start it again and it clicked once then nothing. Didnt try to turn over at all again. I bought a brand new battery and dropped it in thinking I may have had a cell die in the other battery but it still doesnt try to start. Im done with it tonight since its dark but what else could it be? I was thinking altenator maybe but the new battery didnt crank either. Thanks

98diablo

Established Member
check the battery ground it should be 0.5 ohms to ground on the engine or frame side either our is fine if checked there. if thats good check the ground while trying to start the car... youll need help on this one. one to start and one to ck the ground on the battery, i had this problem and when you tryied to start it the ground would jump insanely which turned out to be a bad ground cable. if thats all good ck the starter. try to hit it and knock the brushes loose, they could be worn.

lastdeployment

Established Member
+1 on the ground. I chased this same problem for a week. I just added a ground from the starter to the frame support nearby instead of trying to fight with the old grounding harness... The only bonus was getting pretty efficient at removing and installing the starter now.

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
like stated check the ground, and the lil ground wires that go from the battery to the radiator support. i could move mine a lil' with my hand, then it would start... before it would Clunk the the lights would die. which mean its couldnt carry the load.

Users who are viewing this thread