Carb VS. EFI

93COBRA2104

Established Member
What do you guys think? I have read the huge argument between s/d and m/a. Does anyone know anybody that has gone to a carb setup on thier Gen 1's? Thanks for the help.
BTW I am trying to learn about my truck, just got my first Lightning about a month ago. Thanks again, Milward

Soul Rebel

Tryin to get DIESEL!!!
Established Member
A lot of the big hp guys go carbed, much like in any other platform usually because it's easier to tune and such. As for the speed density mass air discussion... that's a whole different bag of apples...

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
yeah, if your gonna stay in the 400 hp range sd is just fine. go over to the nloc and see how many ma setups are for sale. there are some problems with getting the pro m conversions tuned properly. btw, my buddie is running a little over 300rwhp on a 408 and running mid 13's all day. how fast do you wanna go?

93COBRA2104

Established Member
Im looking for the truck to be streetable, not really concerned about gas milage. If I license the truck at my moms house I dont have to worry about emissions. I dont know much about carburators but my buddy is pushing for the truck to go carb. Right now im looking for my air flow setup. Im thinking about a set of AFR 185's, headers, and im thinking i will make my own exhaust. Dont know if I want to switch to a carb or stick with the s/d. As for the m/a, this seems to be a pretty hot topic for gen 1 owners. Just got the truck, dont know anything about it yet so i guess im just weighing opinions. Thanks for the help, As for how fast, i could be happy with 13's. Thanks again,
Milward

Soul Rebel

Tryin to get DIESEL!!!
Established Member
You could go over to the nloc and search about mass air versus speed density and be reading for hours and still not come up with a clear cut answer. SOme guys think it's easier to tune with mass air, but now alot of guys are staying speed density and trying to tune with the twEEcer (same thing the mustang guys use) As ezernut9mm said thouhg, it's all up to how fast you want to go.

Users who are viewing this thread